2012 HeartWalk: Get considered by Benderspink and Help Fight Heart Disease...

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2012 HeartWalk: Get considered by Benderspink and Help Fight Heart Disease...

great! good to know. thanks, Joe.

p.s. - better get your teammate to start getting some sponsors. she's starting to look bad up against you.
    Last edited by NikeeGoddess; 05-15-2012, 10:19 AM.

Comment

Re: 2012 HeartWalk: Get considered by Benderspink and Help Fight Heart Disease...

Haha. She just had a baby last week. We'll cut her some slack.
      "I hate to break it to you but there is no big lie. There is no system. The universe is indifferent.- - Don Draper

Comment

I'm happy with my current reps, but can still donate -- is it possible to donate to your teammate rather you, Joe? Kinda help even things out a bit.

Comment

No, just donate to my donation page. I'm actually not even on the team I will eventually be on because my team captain hasn't set up our team page yet. It's a long and boring story.

Besides, I should get some sort of recognition for sorting through all these emails and forwarding responses and scripts, etc!

After I was the #1 fundraiser in Pierce County during the 2011 campaign (because of all your generosity) they actually let me throw out the first pitch at a Tacoma Rainiers baseball game (Mariners AAA affiliate) which was pretty cool. I have video of it on my phone. I'll see if I can post it since I didn't make a complete fool of myself.
          "I hate to break it to you but there is no big lie. There is no system. The universe is indifferent.- - Don Draper

Comment

Hopefully World Series this year, right Joe?

Comment

Are Rain Management, Evil Rbt and Script Gal donating 100% of whatever fees that are collected to an internationally known charity? No money - not a dime - ever goes into my hands or Daniel's hands - it goes straight to the American Heart Association.

So if they're not donating 100% of whatever fees collected to a verifiable charity (or better yet, having writers give directly TO the charity) then I'd say that is the difference, buddy.

And it's a pretty big one.

Comment

When someone gets to throw the first pitch, does it actually count towards the game at all?
                It's the eye of the Tiger, it's the thrill of the fight

Comment

Only in my mind and the minds of the 47 people who were in the stands watching me.

Comment

HH - what Joe said. I might also add that this is not the exclusive method to get read by folks at Benderspink either.

Edit: I don't want this thread to turn into a rehash of the previous RMG thread, so out of respect to Joe and his charity, can we please agree that there will be no further discussion on that matter, at least in this thread.

Edit 2: For those confused, this is a response to a subsequently deleted post. Nothing to see here.
                    Last edited by Rhodi; 05-17-2012, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhodi View Post
                      For those confused, this is a response to a subsequently deleted post.
                      And so you post, and thereby a post that does not exist is now explained.

Rhodi, that's almost Cartesian, though I'm not sure you've really captured the romance of Cogito ergo sum.

Comment

What a great cause and great opportunity. Thank you for doing this.

I have a script that is currently optioned by a small production company. My cowriter and I are seeking representation. We have recently finished a first draft of our second screenplay, and want to take our time to making it as strong as possible. Would we be able to submit our first screenplay even though it is currently optioned?

Comment

Originally posted by Manchester View Post
                          And so you post, and thereby a post that does not exist is now explained.

Rhodi, that's almost Cartesian, though I'm not sure you've really captured the romance of Cogito ergo sum.
                          I didn't reply to a deleted post. I replied and then it was deleted after I responded. Hoo boy.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhodi View Post
                            I didn't reply to a deleted post. I replied and then it was deleted after I responded. Hoo boy.
                            I was just yolking.

Comment

Pshaw I can't stay mad at a gentleman with such astuteness in the use of emoticons and puns.

Comment

Originally posted by mcdsd1 View Post
                                What a great cause and great opportunity. Thank you for doing this.

I have a script that is currently optioned by a small production company. My cowriter and I are seeking representation. We have recently finished a first draft of our second screenplay, and want to take our time to making it as strong as possible. Would we be able to submit our first screenplay even though it is currently optioned?
                                Sure. You basically want to show whatever work that demonstrates your talent. Just let him know upfront the work is optioned by so and so - a lot of times production companies are willing to partner and what not. At worst, the quality of the optioned script could get them excited to read what's next.

Comment

Working...
                                X