No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this common practice?

I opened a thread in RSS and the fine print read:

How mandy.com uses cookies Cookies are small text files that websites set on your computer to give you a better browsing experience. They help websites like mandy.com track where you are on the site, and what you want to see and do. We have already set some cookies on your computer. You can delete and block them, but many features of mandy.com won't work if you do. By using mandy.com, you accept how we use cookies.

Re: Is this common practice?

Very common. I run Crap cleaner 'weekly' (like i back up my files 'weekly' ) to clear out all the dross and start again ...

http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner
    I heard the starting gun

sigpic

Comment

I use tools to delete cookies, etc. every night so I guess they don't hang around too long.

Lesson learned; read the warning before opening sites - or just don't open anything...
      Last edited by Butch Jarvinen; 12-25-2012, 07:25 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Cookies are also how your computer is able to do things like store your password so you don't have to type it in every time you visit a website, or how it remembers the "items you recently looked up" on Amazon. If you're not a fan of that kind of stuff, many browsers will allow you to either disable cookies, clear your cookies, and/or even have a private browsing function which won't save them in the first place.

Comment

Working...
        X