No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TrackingB

Originally posted by ducky1288 View Post
    Congrats to those who made it. Now the real work begins muahahahahaha.
    Heh.
    @TerranceMulloy

Comment

Major congratulations to all of the win, place, and shows! They all sound very intriguing. I love good sci-fi, too. Good luck!
      "The Hollywood film business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." Hunter S Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by karlosd View Post
        I've read it, and it is freaking sweet. Touches of 'Rendezvous with Rama' if that means anything to anyone... writer's a really nice guy as well. B@stard.
        So a giant spinning self-gravitating cylinder invades Earth, and the crew of the International Space Station are ordered on a covert op to infiltrate the cylinder, learn its secrets/weaknesses and blow it up with a 10 MT nuclear warhead?

I'd watch that.
        I'm never wrong. Reality is just stubborn.

Comment

Originally posted by FoxHound View Post
          So a giant spinning self-gravitating cylinder invades Earth, and the crew of the International Space Station are ordered on a covert op to infiltrate the cylinder, learn its secrets/weaknesses and blow it up with a 10 MT nuclear warhead?

I'd watch that.
          That's pretty much the gist of it, though if I remember right, earth is eerily quiet after the initial attack, so for all the crew know, they're the last humans alive.

Comment

Well, Orbit is already out and getting traction, could be a quick sale for a TrackingB finalist.

Comment

Originally posted by Geoff Alexander View Post
              Well, Orbit is already out and getting traction, could be a quick sale for a TrackingB finalist.
              Cool - In a small way, I feel invested in this one.

Dumb question: how do you know if something's gaining traction when it goes out?

Karl

Comment

The only logline from the 2012 Tracking B contest that impressed me was in the Honorable Mentions section, and it's a doozy (IMO). The title is "BEFORE I MET YOU." Written by Sage Wells.

LOGLINE: "A recovering heroin addict returns home to take a teaching job at her old high school and discovers that the baby that she gave up for adoption fourteen years ago is in her class."

Sounds a little LifeTime-y, but tell me that doesn't have a hook that draws you in....

Comment

Originally posted by Geoff Alexander View Post

That would be awesome. I'm hoping for the best for it!
                  Twitter @CameronAlxander

Comment

If you need another reason to enter, how about one of the biggest contest success stories yet? Feels like TrackingB discovers more talent and launched more careers than USC. Simply amazing.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/08/sci-...oadcast-cable/

Comment

Originally posted by Max Otto Schrenck View Post
                      The only logline from the 2012 Tracking B contest that impressed me was in the Honorable Mentions section, and it's a doozy (IMO). The title is "BEFORE I MET YOU." Written by Sage Wells.

LOGLINE: "A recovering heroin addict returns home to take a teaching job at her old high school and discovers that the baby that she gave up for adoption fourteen years ago is in her class."

Sounds a little LifeTime-y, but tell me that doesn't have a hook that draws you in....
                      It does not.
                      www.JustinSloanAuthor.com

http://www.CreativeWritingCareer.com
                      http://www.MilitaryVeteransinCreativeCareers.com

Twitter: @JustinMSloan

Want a free book?

Comment

Originally posted by Max Otto Schrenck View Post

I like it

Comment

Lol, haven't been on here for awhile and definitely amused. Thanks for liking or "not" liking my logline.

Comment

Working...
                          X