Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "VOLUPTUOUS VALENTINES" Writ. Exer.

8 entries received so far, folks, which is pretty good. (You may recall that last year's V.D. contest bombed due to lack of interest!)

Allowing more than one entry is always fine by me, tho' as with previous contests, I can't help but wonder if I'd be taking votes away from myself and scuppering my own chances!

Comment

Scirbbled out my lone entry on Sat morning, have some tweaking to do, so may have a look at it again tonight.
      Forthcoming: The Annual, "I JUST GOT DUMPED" Valentine's Short Screenplay Writing Competition. Keep an eye on Writing Exercises.

Comment

It is the day before the day, and it's still not too late to jump in, if you were thinking of jumping in!

Submission deadline is midnight your time (wherever you are) on the 14th. Although that's just a rough rule of thumb, whatever's in my inbox by mid-morning on the 15th is in. 8 pages max. dpaterson57 at gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by The Road Warrior View Post
          I'll come in at a close "12"...

My imagination seems to have wandered off to the pub, hope it comes back over the weekend. I may try out something this eve, whilst listening to some Friday eve TV. Hmmph.

@blondie, forgot to add to that little car ride scenario "and you're strapped in too, with a gag over your mouth, making useless mumbling sounds".
          lmao Can you please insert a cameo appearance by George Clooney into that scene?
          muchas gracias!
          Last edited by theblondewritr; 02-14-2013, 12:47 PM.
          si

Comment

Originally posted by dpaterso View Post
            It is the day before the day, and it's still not too late to jump in, if you were thinking of jumping in!

Submission deadline is midnight your time (wherever you are) on the 14th. Although that's just a rough rule of thumb, whatever's in my inbox by mid-morning on the 15th is in. 8 pages max. dpaterson57 at gmail.com
            i have a problem with submission e
            si

Comment

Originally posted by The Road Warrior View Post
              No joke- two entries is fine!

We've had that before.
              Had another one written, but wanted to do some tweaks and forgot all about it until this morning. Had I entered it, one of my two wouldn't have ended up in last place ... guaranteed ... unless they tied (didn't think about that). That would have been embarrassing, two last place finishes in a single contest. Whoa! Looks my forgetfulness worked out in my favor for a change.
              STANDARD DISCLAIMER: I'm a wannabe, take whatever I write with a huge grain of salt.

Comment

There's no way anyone is having last place, that's mine!

But more seriously, somebody has to come last, I won the compet before last, and came last when I bust the page limit with a monster entry, in Halloween Hellraisers.
                What I like about these contests, and what I think is useful, is to see different styles and ideas side by side, and we get to pick over them after.

Winning is a good buzz, but there's a lot of variables here too, a few folks will struggle under the 'instant creation' pressure I guess, and not produce their best work, but at least we can get down to the basics and stylistic level afterwards, impressions, subjective opinions.

And unlike the longer feature script reads, the notes seem easier to produce, as we are looking at smaller examples perhaps and it's like 10 writers around a table.
                Forthcoming: The Annual, "I JUST GOT DUMPED" Valentine's Short Screenplay Writing Competition. Keep an eye on Writing Exercises.

Comment

Mine are more like the vomit draft with as much cleaning and tweaking as I can get in around other work. I straighten the corners and then send it in. Then when I get a chance to get the more polished version finished I can drop that to Derek.

At least that was my thinking during the Halloween contest. I've been unusually busy this winter so the tweaking and rework on this one didn't really happen.

So you guys claiming last place -- don't get too comfortable there.

Comment

You guys tweaked and edited your submissions?

Oh, crap.....
                    On Twitter @DeadManSkipping

Comment

Unfortunately I was not able to do this, but I will read and vote!

Comment

Most excellent, always appreciated.

Comment

Thanks for helping with votes M.

That's me done, "tweaking" over, I've thrown in the towel.

Comment

Anybody up for a beer, after all that?

Comment

Wait - votes? Have the entries already been posted and voted on? I'm confused.
                              Advice from writer, Kelly Sue DeConnick. "Try this: if you can replace your female character with a sexy lamp and the story still basically works, maybe you need another draft.-

Comment

Ahh no, SC111, don't worry, nothing has been posted up yet, no entries, certainly no votes.

Mossbraker just offered a few posts back to help with voting when it takes place... even though he was unable to enter the actual competition this time.

We tend to ask for help off anybody who just wants to vote when we set up the competition, sort of a tradition, past contestants sometimes pop in to vote only.

Entries should begin to appear up on the board from tomorrow, 15th February, over to Derek on that however...

Comment

Working...
                                X