No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Spec City

Originally posted by finalact4 View Post
    i try to go in at the end of the month to see what’s sold each month. it’s a good way to see what’s moving the needle. invaluable resource.

I remember when I was trying to pitch a few indie scripts a few years back, it was an oddly satisfying feeling to research this site and IMDBPro looking for access to producers. I felt like a sleuth: so this film was co-produced with these guys, who work a lot with these guys, who in turn work with these guys, so that's four emails to look up and... bingo, found them! Boom, query sent.

I'm not writing screenplays at the moment but if I ever get back to that, my first move once the script is done will be to sign up for a pro membership here again, for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Rantanplan View Post
      I remember when I was trying to pitch a few indie scripts a few years back, it was an oddly satisfying feeling to research this site and IMDBPro looking for access to producers. I felt like a sleuth: so this film was co-produced with these guys, who work a lot with these guys, who in turn work with these guys, so that's four emails to look up and... bingo, found them! Boom, query sent.

I'm not writing screenplays at the moment but if I ever get back to that, my first move once the script is done will be to sign up for a pro membership here again, for sure.
      Dude... Idk.

Chasing that moving target can be a great way to always be behind the curve. Or maybe that's not what you're saying.

Having said that, I'll say my biggest problem is: My sh!t is (at least lately) super controversial, which can kill you out there. Not recommended. So, ignore everything I say. HA!
      Bruh, fukkin *smooches*! Feel me? Ha!

Comment

Originally posted by GucciGhostXXX View Post
        Dude... Idk.

Chasing that moving target can be a great way to always be behind the curve. Or maybe that's not what you're saying.

Having said that, I'll say my biggest problem is: My sh!t is (at least lately) super controversial, which can kill you out there. Not recommended. So, ignore everything I say. HA!

I'm not sure what you mean. I'm talking about doing research and using tools to find ways to contact the people you want to contact. I prefer contacting production companies directly with certain scripts.

Comment

I'm not sure what you mean. I'm talking about doing research and using tools to find ways to contact the people you want to contact. I prefer contacting production companies directly with certain scripts.
          Ahhh... gotcha. Nothing to do with "what should I be writing."

Yeah, that's a good way to know who's RIGHT for your script. So many people shotgun their script out and the dude is like "Bruh... I'm a talent agent." LOL

Comment

i have both and use them together.

the biggest problem with IMDBpro is that you can get sucked down the rabbit hole by "clicking." you start with a management company, you click on a manager, you click on a client, you click on one of their projects then click on one of the producers... it can be an endless, informative waste of time. i'm always like, sh1t, fukk, i gotta get back on track.

it's fascinating.
            "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy b/c you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." -- Edward Snowden

Comment

Originally posted by finalact4 View Post
              i have both and use them together.

the biggest problem with IMDBpro is that you can get sucked down the rabbit hole by "clicking." you start with a management company, you click on a manager, you click on a client, you click on one of their projects then click on one of the producers... it can be an endless, informative waste of time. i'm always like, sh1t, fukk, i gotta get back on track.

it's fascinating.

AND... half the time the info is WRONG! LOL

Comment

Working...
              X