Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gifting Your Rep

What is the etiquette for gifting your rep? Do any of you do it?

I'm sure this is a highly personal, subjective answer that varies from person to person, but I'm curious. How many of you get your reps stuff for their birthdays? Or when a sale closes? etc.
    Twitter @CameronAlxander

Re: Gifting Your Rep

When I got my first gig I sent a basket of treats. Nothing for birthdays or holidays.

Comment

I probably send gift baskets to the assistants once every three months and take them out for drinks whenever their schedules are light. But I don't send the agents anything.

Comment

Sure. It's fine. Means a bit more if you've just signed a deal though. But still, it doesn't hurt. Clients do it all the time.

I sent each of my reps a nice bottle of Australian wine, just before the holidays last year.
        @TerranceMulloy

Comment

The title of the replies in this thread is downright Seinfeldian.

Comment

I give my reps new Porsches every Christmas...Well, I would if I had any reps. I hope they're paying attention.

Midnite
            Last edited by Midnite; 02-08-2013, 02:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Midnite View Post
              I give my reps new Porches every Christmas...
              Screened? Unscreened? Wraparound?
              QUESTICLES -- It's about balls on a mission.

Comment

Use simple colors, nothing too nice, but don't go re-using your old Christmas wrapping either. Then add a few strings that compliment the color you've chosen and put a bow on top if you wish. The bow is optional. And remember, do this at a time that is convenient for your rep, and when they're not on the phone. Nothing's more annoything then having to redo everything because there's an ugly phone cord dangling out. Or, they won't stand still because they have an important deal going down.

Now that you've properly wrapped your rep, the tricky part comes it. Who have you gifted your rep for? That's a personal choice, however please have this decision made before you begin, you never want to be in that awkward position where your wife asks, "Honey, why is that large package still in the hall closet? I can barely fit the vacuum in there. And what's in it? It's starting to smell."

Comment

Originally posted by Knaight View Post
                  Screened? Unscreened? Wraparound?
                  Damn, I'm dense at 4:00 in the morning:-)..and for the 23 hours that followed before I caught on.

Midnite

Comment

I send my agents 18 year old single malt scotch at xmastime with wishes for a happy and prosperous New Year. They all seem to like it.

Comment

It's polite but I think the best gift in terms of a rep's perspective is you delivering them quality new material to sell.
                      "I hate to break it to you but there is no big lie. There is no system. The universe is indifferent.- - Don Draper

Comment

Originally posted by joe9alt View Post
                        It's polite but I think the best gift in terms of a rep's perspective is you delivering them quality new material to sell.
                        I was going to post exactly this. YES!

Comment

Working...
                        X