• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "Brake"

Originally posted by EvilRbt View Post
    Yep. The new NoHo 7 in North Hollywood.

Where to see Brake
    Hey that's really close to me. Are any of those going to be Q&A screenings?
    Chicks Who Script podcast

Comment

Originally posted by emily blake View Post
      Hey that's really close to me. Are any of those going to be Q&A screenings?
      Yes. There will be a Q&A screening opening weekend, either Mar 23rd or 24th. When it's confirmed, I'll post here.
      NOTES / COVERAGE
      15,000+ Screenplays
      [email protected]

Comment

More opening weekend info from the director...

"BRAKE will open Friday March 23rd in New York City and Los Angeles.

In LA : http://www.laemmle.com/viewtheatre.php?thid=22

To our LA friends. We need your support! Opening day showtimes at the NoHO 7 are as follows: 1:00, 3:15, 7:45 & 10:15.

There will be a Q&A on Friday 3/23 after the 7:45 show with cast and crew (Director Gabe Torres, Composer Brian Tyler, DP Jim Mathers, and co-star Chyler Leigh) and an introduction before the 10:25 show. Please come out for opening night!

We need our friends support. Please bring friends who have not seen our film. If you can't make opening night, please come out over the weekend.

In NYC : http://www.ifccenter.com/
        NOTES / COVERAGE
        15,000+ Screenplays
        [email protected]

Comment

Hopefully this hits theaters in my area.

Buried didn't.

Comment

Unfortunately I'm out of town until the 26th, but I'll see it when I get back.
            Steven Palmer Peterson

Comment

There will be a Q&A on Friday 3/23 after the 7:45 show with cast and crew (Director Gabe Torres, Composer Brian Tyler, DP Jim Mathers, and co-star Chyler Leigh) and an introduction before the 10:25 show
              Andrew - is it possible to put this on youtube? For those of us who can't make it, I'm sure this would be interesting to see, the challenges involved in the films making.

Comment

Originally posted by niwa View Post
                Andrew - is it possible to put this on youtube? For those of us who can't make it, I'm sure this would be interesting to see, the challenges involved in the films making.
                Interesting idea. Let me talk to the team.
                NOTES / COVERAGE
                15,000+ Screenplays
                [email protected]

Comment

Oh yay! I can probably hit that Q& A screening. See you there.

Comment

Advance tickets are now available for LA and NY. Please help us sell out opening weekend. It will obviously help support "BRAKE" and encourage IFC to put their weight behind the film in other markets.

As mentioned above, there's a Q&A in Los Angeles on Friday March 23rd following the 7:45pm show and an introduction before the 10:25pm show.

Thank you!

In LA : http://www.laemmle.com/viewtheatre.php?thid=22
                    In NYC : http://www.ifccenter.com/
                    NOTES / COVERAGE
                    15,000+ Screenplays
                    [email protected]

Comment

FINALLY saw this last evening -- and it was a claustrophobic gut wrench of a mind F. from start to finish!!!

A seminar on how to do a contained thriller. The producer's trust in Stephen Dorff was well placed - what with how he - CARRIED - the picture with an expertly nuanced performance of a man under the most horrific stress imaginable.

The seamlessly integrated soundtrack and sound design, set then enhanced the hero's desperate situation.

In "127 Hours" -- the writer had the luxury of the context being set. In "Brake" -- Timothy Mannion had to skillfully set that context through dialogue without bogging down into expository drudge.

And using an obviously limited visual set piece, Gabe Torres continued to masterfully reframe Stephen Dorf's emotional turmoil within that palette of sound effect, soundtrack and dialogue.

Excellent job all round!!! I give it smiles!

Comment

Thanks for watching it YakMan!

To be honest, I'm surprised more DD'ers haven't sought the film out yet to support one of their peers (Mr. Mannion). So far the feedback has been awesome. Check out the reviews on Amazon, iTunes, or IMDB. Act III is love/hate controversial so go see it so you can talk about it.

If you're all waiting for theatrical, please consider buying advance tickets. IFC haven't picked the next territories yet but they're closely watching how many tickets are sold to determine size of screen, which theaters, etc. The more tickets we sell ahead of time, the more it helps the film.

Laemmle NoHo 7 "BRAKE" advance tickets

Also be aware, once March 23rd rolls around the film will no longer be available On-Demand until the DVD release in July.
                        Last edited by EvilRbt; 03-12-2012, 09:33 PM.
                        NOTES / COVERAGE
                        15,000+ Screenplays
                        [email protected]

Comment

To be honest, I'm surprised more DD'ers haven't sought the film out yet to support one of their peers (Mr. Mannion). So far the feedback has been awesome. Check out the reviews on Amazon, iTunes, or IMDB. Act III is love/hate controversial so go see it so you can talk about it.

Also be aware, once March 23rd rolls around the film will no longer be available On-Demand until the DVD release in July.
                          I'm waiting to see if it hits theaters in my area. Want to take some friends.

Comment

Originally posted by Biohazard View Post
                            I'm waiting to see if it hits theaters in my area. Want to take some friends.

The LA and NY numbers will dictate the identity of three more cities. I'll post here once IFC makes a decision.

People in NY, please note "BRAKE" is now opening two days early:

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 (moved up to accommodate NYC press)
                            New York City
                            IFC Center Theater
                            323 6 Avenue
                            New York, NY 10014
                            (212) 924-7771
                            http://www.ifccenter.com/
                            NOTES / COVERAGE
                            15,000+ Screenplays
                            [email protected]

Comment

To be honest, I'm surprised more DD'ers haven't sought the film out yet to support one of their peers (Mr. Mannion)
                              Me too. Maybe you should get a big group of DD's to go together. Shake a few hands, put some faces to some names. The opening night tour guide.

Comment

I got tickets already for the NoHo Q&A screening on the 23rd. Anybody else going?

Comment

Working...
                                X