Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My Plug For ScriptGal (Amanda)

About all I think I should say is that it's a found footage romantic comedy. I'll flatter myself and imagine that it's the script Amanda was talking about in the screwball comedy thread.

Comment

Four words I never thought I'd be saying...

"Thank you, Jeff Lowell."

The script is, as he says, a found-footage screwball comedy. Screwball in the best sense of the word. Honestly, I had no idea such a prickly guy could be so funny. The script is great, dare I say it - sweet & sentimental - so beware Mr. Lowell, your curmudgeon days are numbered. If I have anything to do with it.

Amanda
      ScriptGal
      Screenplay Consultation & Analysis
      Fifteen Years Development Experience
      http://www.scriptgal.com/

Discount for DD Members!

Comment

Originally posted by ScriptGal View Post
        Four words I never thought I'd be saying...

"Thank you, Jeff Lowell."

The script is, as he says, a found-footage screwball comedy. Screwball in the best sense of the word. Honestly, I had no idea such a prickly guy could be so funny. The script is great, dare I say it - sweet & sentimental - so beware Mr. Lowell, your curmudgeon days are numbered. If I have anything to do with it.

Amanda
        Amanda: Now that you know it was by an experienced, professional writer, was it just way higher quality than what you get from amateurs?

Without giving away content, can you speak to any of the differences in quality? Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by iggy View Post
          Amanda: Now that you know it was by an experienced, professional writer, was it just way higher quality than what you get from amateurs?

Without giving away content, can you speak to any of the differences in quality? Thanks!
          There was a moment in an early scene (before page 10) that was witty, visual, charming and delightful - and really hooked me.

If I could make a general statement it would be economy. It's not a cliche to say every word needs to count. I think newer writers tend to massively overwrite. This was lean and clean.

And although the structure turned out to be classic, moment to moment and scene to scene, I never knew what was going to happen next.

Amanda
          Last edited by ScriptGal; 04-23-2012, 08:26 PM. Reason: my husband said the previous post was obnoxious
          ScriptGal

Discount for DD Members!

Comment

That's not the Jeff Lowell I know.

Comment

I hate Lowell and his sense of fairness. His machinations to win over the masses with his reasonableness and forthrightness doesn't sit well with me.

I see through you, Lowell. It's all part of the game, the circuitous doublecrossing logic of keeping other writers BETTER WRITERS out while you and your good time screenwriting friends chortle behind the gate, making fun and--

Whoa, whoa...have no idea how Hoover got on my computer. Sorry 'bout that.

Jeff Lowell: Consumer Advocate for screenwriters. Very nice.

HH

Comment

very nice,

must be that man in sunglasses, surrepticiously making his way down isle 17, pushing an empty cart...
                " Don't really like writing. But I do like having written." Vince Gilligan, Breaking Bad.

Comment

Congrats, Amanda, you passed the "Jeff Lowell Test!" My little script gal is all grown up!

To everyone else, I've been recommending Script Gal to my clients for many months now. They have all been really happy with her work, so don't hesitate to use her services. (Soon Amanda is going to be so overwhelmed, she'll be sending people my way!)

Glad you dug Jeff's work. I really enjoyed the comedy he sent me a few years back. Definitely stands out in terms of professionalism, style, humor, etc.
                  NOTES / COVERAGE
                  15,000+ Screenplays
                  [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by EvilRbt View Post
                    Congrats, Amanda, you passed the "Jeff Lowell Test!" My little script gal is all grown up!

To everyone else, I've been recommending Script Gal to my clients for many months now. They have all been really happy with her work, so don't hesitate to use her services. (Soon Amanda is going to be so overwhelmed, she'll be sending people my way!)

Glad you dug Jeff's work. I really enjoyed the comedy he sent me a few years back. Definitely stands out in terms of professionalism, style, humor, etc.
                    Aw, shucks! I do feel like I've found a Golden Ticket. I am very grateful to Jeff for starting this thread. Thank you!
                    ScriptGal

Discount for DD Members!

Comment

Originally posted by ScriptGal View Post
                      There was a moment in an early scene (before page 10) that was witty, visual, charming and delightful - and really hooked me.
                      The headshot?

Comment

Originally posted by JeffLowell View Post
                        The headshot?
                        Yep. "I cut my hair." "Bad call."
                        ScriptGal

Discount for DD Members!

Comment

Been meaning to post my kudos about this service as well. Amanda gave me some notes on a slight little sit-com pilot I wrote as a lark. Her enthusiasm for it made me re-evaluate the whole concept and opened my eyes to a new slew of real possibilities to make it into something more worthy than anything I'd considered. Inspiration is about the best thing a writer can receive. (Right below 'actual pay.')

So ScriptGal, you have another satisfied customer in me.
                          FWIW, I too, appreciate and recommend you.
                          Thanks,
                          Colin
                          Last edited by gridlock'd; 04-24-2012, 05:09 PM.
                          "I need someone who laughs at all my jokes. You know; honest feedback."
                          - C. Montgomery Burns

Comment

Mazin is gonna have a stroke over this. Now that Lowell is using a script consultant and BDZ is in tow (having seen the Lowell light), the uber-wealthy Mazin can (potentially) rise above overpaid hack status. Time will tell.

Comment

Lotta what ifs, nojustice.

Comment

Sigh...

Comment

Working...
                                X