No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Trackinb Contest

Originally posted by Scriptonian View Post
    I...looked for a paragraph or anything that addresses the kinds of scripts (feature, short, documentary, and what genres) are eligible for the contest and found nothing...
    It's called a...

FEATURE SCRIPT CONTEST

Take a wild guess as to what kind of script you can submit to it, genius.
    "I hate to break it to you but there is no big lie. There is no system. The universe is indifferent.- - Don Draper

Comment

"The Hollywood film business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." Hunter S Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by joe9alt View Post
        It's called a...

FEATURE SCRIPT CONTEST

Then why didn't my webisode advance?

Comment

They don't offer a short catagory huh?

Comment

Originally posted by joe9alt View Post
            It's called a...

FEATURE SCRIPT CONTEST

I feel your pain, Joe.

I've just heard of trackingb myself and the fact that people have had their scripts optioned, been repped, had movies made, etc. etc. all by reputable people in the industry, what more research does this guy need?

Scriptonian, in your research, I think you're ignoring the big purple elephant that's sitting on your keyboard wearing a thong.

Comment

Late deadline coming up September 4th. Mr. John Swetnam in production on last year's finalist script, Evidence.

Congrats, John! Way to make it happen, Insider! TrackingB should be at the top of the list for every non-pro with a finished script.

Comment

It's been four years since I last visited this site. After all these years away, it still surprises me to come back and see some people with so much hostility over a simple question (yes, I realize this thread is a bit old).

Comment

Originally posted by anxt View Post
                  No bogus "quarterfinal" B.S that nobody cares about.
                  Personally, I like having semis and quarters in contests. Only what 10 or so make it to the finals in the big contests. At least with semis and quarters, a lot more get recognition and they know they're beating the majority (so they've got some talent, just need to put more work in/write better).

Comment

Originally posted by Presto View Post
                    Personally, I like having semis and quarters in contests. Only what 10 or so make it to the finals in the big contests. At least with semis and quarters, a lot more get recognition and they know they're beating the majority (so they've got some talent, just need to put more work in/write better).
                    Me, too, Presto. From everything I've read here in this forum, this seems to be a great contest for the winners, but I wish they listed semi-finalists, too. That way, even if you didn't end up getting a rep out of it, at least you'd know you were close.

Or if you weren't in the semi-finals, you'd know you have a long ways to go.

It's just a helpful gauge of where you stand.

Comment

Every competition should, at the very least, return a copy of the scorecard to entrants.

Comment

Originally posted by froonly View Post
                        Every competition should, at the very least, return a copy of the scorecard to entrants.
                        Not if they're supposed to reflect the industry you're trying to break into.

Comment

What's the point? You can't argue with their decision any more than you can argue with an agent, manager or prodco's opinion.

It is what it is.
                          "Do just once what others say you can't do, and you will never pay attention to their limitations again." -[/SIZE] James R. Cook

Comment

I'd like this for the Nicholl, especially since they're having 2 first round readers for every script. Would be useful to see marks for the diff categories.

Comment

Originally posted by JoJo View Post
                              What's the point? You can't argue with their decision any more than you can argue with an agent, manager or prodco's opinion.

It is what it is.
                              Let's just say, for the sake of argument, that if you are entering contests, you aren't yet good enough to be a working pro. In which case, the point is not to argue with any judge's decision, but to understand how that decision was made, and use the scorecard to guide your own self-examination as to why your script wasn't good enough to win.

Personally, I just got results from 3 contests, where I didn't even place, for a script that got to the semis of the CWA (and a judges comment that the script was almost ready to pitch). Not that I expected to win, but as a novice writer, it would truly help to know what areas they thought were weak or strong.

And secondly, we pay good money to enter these competitions. The courtesy of a scorecard would at least show that an entry had been given proper and due consideration.

Comment

TrackingB is not a contest for people who are learning. It's a contest for people who are ready to go pro; that's why the prize is representation and why the entrance fee is so high.

There are contests you can enter and get feedback. This is not one of them. Try Bluecat.
                                Chicks Who Script podcast

Comment

Working...
                                X