Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Futurama Series Finale

Second & final goodbye for this wacky toon.

http://www.comedycentral.com/shows/series/futurama
    "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

Re: Futurama Series Finale

This show stopped being funny after the first few seasons.
    I'm never wrong. Reality is just stubborn.

Comment

Originally posted by FoxHound View Post

Says you.
      "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

Comment

Futurama had some of the most poignant, heart-touching, and thought provoking episodes of any T.V. show out there. "Luck of the Fryrish," and I still can't watch "Jurassic Bark" without tearing up. Great finale.

Comment

The show has been hit or miss since it moved to Comedy Central, but Ken Keeler is one of my favorite writers on the show, and I think he did a great job with the finale. It managed to do what Futurama does best: take a great science fiction concept and find a human relationship story to tell with it.

Comment

Originally posted by FoxHound View Post
            How many is a few? Apparently, it's 7.

Comment

I didn't watch the finale, I lost interest in the show when they did those terrible DVD movies, but I'm glad I read a recap of the last episode because a friend described it incorrectly and it made me mad.

The way my friend described it, the final button push didn't just reset the last episode, but reset the entire series which would have been a really dick move.

I didn't care for Futurama the first time it aired. It wasn't until the reruns on Cartoon Network that I fell in love with the show. I was really look forward to the show's return until I saw Bender's Big Score which I thought was awful. I watched it twice just to be sure and laughed even less the second time.

I saw a few episodes on Comedy Central but the show just wasn't the same anymore. Futurama should never have been resurrected. It lived fast, died young and left a great looking corpse. Bringing it back just tarnished the legacy.

Comment

Originally posted by SgtSharki View Post
                I didn't watch the finale, I lost interest in the show when they did those terrible DVD movies, but I'm glad I read a recap of the last episode because a friend described it incorrectly and it made me mad.
                Yeah. Bender's Big Score was a disappointment. The Beast with a Billion Backs and the Great Green Yonder were improvements, but none of the DVD movies lived up to the FOX episodes.

You should check out some of the Comedy Central eps, though. There are some good ones in there. And the Finale was strong. Not as good as the original finale but still very satisfying.

Comment

Not gonna lie. This final "final" episode put some tears in my eyes.

Several times Futurama brought out the feels unlike any other show has for me.

Comment

Working...
                  X