No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summer Camp contest - discussion thread

Summer Camp theme.

A mystery, an adventure, horror, comedy? A car chase? a boat chase? Any and all but having to do with Summer Camp.

8 pages. What do you folks think?

Mod edit:
    For posterity, the entries thread is here and the results thread is here.
    Last edited by dpaterso; 07-29-2018, 09:02 PM.

Re: Summer Camp

A team of archaeologists from a town far, far away recently discovered that the Done Deal Pro website is built upon an ancient Native American burial ground that has a diabolical curse placed on it by a Native American medicine man who looks just like Chief Dan George.

The curse, like a chicken, is bound to come home to roost, and that's what's keeping the Done Deal Pro townsfolk from coming out of their cabins and down to the town square to participate in “Summer Camp” festivities the likes of yours.
    Last edited by Clint Hill; 06-11-2018, 11:51 AM.
    “Nothing is what rocks dream about” ― Aristotle

Comment

You gonna write something, or are you just tossing out them fancy ideas to impress the ladies?

Comment

He's barkin' at you, Somers.

Comment

A summer camp set in the desert enslaves the delinquent kids who attend to digging holes all over the desert searching for buried treasure.

Don't think it's ever been done before...
          You know Jill you remind me of my mother. She was the biggest whore in Alameda and the finest woman that ever lived. Whoever my father was, for an hour or for a month, he must have been a happy man.

Comment

A slummer camp in the projects?
            I heard the starting gun

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Somers View Post
              Summer Camp theme.
              By 'camp', I do so awfully hope and pray that you mean 'theatrically effeminate', darling.
              Know this: I'm a lazy amateur, so trust not a word what I write.
              "The ugly can be beautiful. The pretty, never." ~ Oscar Wilde

Comment

Originally posted by UneducatedFan View Post
                A summer camp set in the desert enslaves the delinquent kids who attend to digging holes all over the desert searching for buried treasure.

Don't think it's ever been done before...
                So that's what this was all about, then:

Mile-long “Band of Holes” in Peru ...

Comment

So we're all agreed then, this could be a contest, and everyone's up for making their brilliant idea into a short script! That's what I like to see, the old DD enthusiasm.

Comment

Just thinking out loud.

What if, instead of saying the next contest closes on a certain date, we pick a number of scripts that have to be entered instead?

For example: "Summer Camp submissions are open until we get (pick a number) 12 scripts submitted, plus add (maybe) 2 days, for anyone who is about finished with their script."

It doesn't have to be exactly like that, but something might get more scripts entered per contest.
                    "I just couldn't live in a world without me."

Comment

Originally posted by StoryWriter View Post
                      Just thinking out loud.

What if, instead of saying the next contest closes on a certain date, we pick a number of scripts that have to be entered instead?

For example: "Summer Camp submissions are open until we get (pick a number) 12 scripts submitted, plus add (maybe) 2 days, for anyone who is about finished with their script."

It doesn't have to be exactly like that, but something might get more scripts entered per contest.
                      This is a good idea. It gives writers a chance to rewrite until the number of submissions goal is reached.

After a good deal of ruminating (and cud-chewing), finally, I was able to come up with a “Summer Camp” storyline. Count me in for this “write-a-thon” for the first time ever. Due date?
                      Last edited by Clint Hill; 06-17-2018, 03:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TigerFang View Post
                        Count me in for this "write-a-thon- for the first time ever. Due date?
                        Uh... whenever we get 12 entries?

Comment

Originally posted by dpaterso View Post

Given the paucity of posts lately, why don't we halve that (because we have to)?

Comment

Originally posted by dpaterso View Post

So, does that mean if I write 12 summer camp screenplays and enter them all tomorrow (no matter how short or crappy they are) I win all the BIG prizes?!

Whoa, dude!
                            STANDARD DISCLAIMER: I'm a wannabe, take whatever I write with a huge grain of salt.

Comment

Originally posted by Centos View Post
                              So, does that mean if I write 12 summer camp screenplays and enter them all tomorrow (no matter how short or crappy they are) I win all the BIG prizes?!

Whoa, dude!
                              THAT'S why we give the extra two days (or so). We have to watch out for THESE kind of tricks.
                              "I just couldn't live in a world without me."

Comment

Working...
                              X