• Show
Clear All

Re: The Office

It was touching.

that's what she said.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Earth View Post
      Creed has always been my favorite character, so I loved his whole story.
      You and me both... and he got the last laugh of the entire show, being hauled off in handcuffs.

By the way, that song he sang at the end, was that one of his real songs from back in the day?
      INT. DR. GONZO'S HOTEL ROOM - NIGHT

A glass of BOURBON in one hand and a COMPUTER MOUSE in the other,
      Dr. Gonzo contemplates getting off the message board and back to his script.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
        You and me both... and he got the last laugh of the entire show, being hauled off in handcuffs.

By the way, that song he sang at the end, was that one of his real songs from back in the day?
        Back in the heyday of The Office, co-workers and I would sit around and talk about the show and inevitably something like "What character in our office is most like the characters in the show" would come up. I always knew I was more like Creed, but that's not something I could ever admit out loud in a work environment...which I guess is also very Creed-like. I loved it when he was trying to remember his job title. And his Wiki page is absolutely hysterical.

I was reading other reviews of the show and I think it was one of his old songs. At the very least, it was his original song.

I've also read how the finale really made some people tear up and particularly with Erin's parent thing, so maybe I'm just a jaded old coot. I never particularly liked Erin's character, so that could be part of it, but I never really cared for Nellie either and I found her character resolution was awesome and hilarious.
        On Twitter @DeadManSkipping

Comment

One of the best Creed moments in the show's history, imo, was in an episode where Michael gets the gang to play a live action murder mystery game and Creed is late to work.

Creed shows up after the game is in progress and he asks Michael what's going on? Michael tells him there's been a murder and the office is trying to solve it.

Creed nods and then makes his way to the door.

Cut to the parking lot, and there is Creed speeding off, believing he's a suspect or might be questioned or worse. Great character moment. Still cracks me up.
          #writinginaStarbucks #re-thinkingmyexistence #notanotherweaklogline #thinkingwhatwouldWilldo

Comment

Interesting enough, I wasn't into the show (as in not viewing it) until Jim and Pam became a item. I saw a lot of myself in Jim, in terms of being too smart for the job, but he had feelings for Pam. I wish I had that kind of relationship, instead of being alone nearly all the time

As for the show, to be honest, it ended very well. Some people think Carell leaving hurt the show, but the Michael Scott character isn't Benjamin "Hawkeye" Pierce (more like Henry Blake with more naiveness). This show's an ensemble piece, and I appreciate it all the way.
            "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

Comment

Really enjoyed the whole series. Lots of good moments, laughs, romantic and heart warming bits.

It's funny how Americans know -extremely well- how to write communities/group dynamics, and I think it says a lot about that culture. People speaks a lot about individuality, lack of depth, and so on, but to me, the show sums up the American culture : some good, some bad, but mostly, people trying to find their way through life, with the help of their friends, trying to have a good time.

It's also interesting to see what a TV series says about its showrunner. The Office UK is self centered, bleak, misanthropic, "trying to make fun of the dumbness of people", while the Office US is more of a group thing, with a more "lovable loosers and weirdos" side. Personally, I didn't laugh once watching the Office UK, but did laugh and cry watching the Office US.

On a totally different note, I strongly disliked when Gervais "roasted" Carell , stating he is the one that made Carell who he is. I think he gave him the opportunity -by making the show-, but that he'll never have the humanity Carell has. IMO, Gervais is average smart who likes to "show how dumb other people are" while Carell is a great actor.
              The question is : Do you work in the business?

Comment

Working...
              X