Learning from bad scripts; where can you find them?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Learning from bad scripts; where can you find them?

I know that a good way to learn screenwriting is to read and analyze both good and bad screenplays. I also know where to find good scripts; just read popular, award winning screenplays on sites like Drews Script o'rama (they aren't very hard to find). However, my question is where do you find bad scripts? When I say bad, I mean really bad, amateur. I get that some people may classify, say, transformers as "bad", but I'm looking for scripts that most people can collectively agree suck; scripts that were so bad, they didn't really ever see the light of day

I get the feeling that a lot of older writes on here get their dose of poorly written scripts by being script readers and writing coverage for amateurs. Considering that I'm only 17 though, this isn't an option for me

Does anyone have any suggestions on where I can find bad scripts to read? I'm a little lost here. Thanks!

Re: Learning from bad scripts; where can you find them?

You have obviously never spent any time on Zoetrope.

Seriously ... and I am not knocking Zoetrope, which I check every day.

If you are only 17, you may not be eligible for membership. I don't know. But once you join, you can download all kinds of scripts.

"The fact that you have seen professionals write poorly is no reason for you to imitate them." - ComicBent.

Comment

For amateur screenplays: Scriptshadow's Amateur Friday.

Comment

You may also want to check out Triggerstreet.com

Comment

I've learned a lot from my own bad scripts. Happy to send you a few of them.

Comment

The community at ScriptBuddy.com. No need to become a member. Just click on a link and read online.
            Teach me a fact and I'll learn.
            Tell me the truth and I'll believe.
            Tell me a story and it will live in my heart forever.

- Native American proverb -

Comment

Originally posted by Liv96 View Post
              When I say bad, I mean really bad, amateur. I get that some people may classify, say, transformers as "bad", but I'm looking for scripts that most people can collectively agree suck; scripts that were so bad, they didn't really ever see the light of day
              As an aside, I've found I sometimes learn even more from scripts that aren't so much terribly bad as just not there yet. The really bad ones have EVERYTHING wrong with them. With the better -- but not yet good -- scripts, you have to dig to figure out what's wrong with them and why they don't work. It takes more analysis, and hence more thought about what's supposed to work and why it isn't.

I assume if you read bad scripts on the sites suggested above, you'll also come across some that fall into the category I'm talking about.
              "Your intuition knows what to write, so get out of the way.-
              ― Ray Bradbury

Comment

http://www.simplyscripts.com/unpro.html
                If you really like it you can have the rights
                It could make a million for you overnight

Comment

Amazon Studios has more bad scripts than a persian cat has hairs.

Comment

http://dogsocats.com/data_images/per...ian-cat-01.jpg

Aww, it's like a cute Mogwai.

Comment

Working...
                    X