This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LA Managers: Monster List of Lit.

i think this whole list is going to close the doors for those looking for reps. whereas before the rep had say a hundred queries in an inbox, now with the list going around the rep will have multiple times that. you guys tell me if reps are more likely to read some out of a 100 or a 1000.

Comment

I've had a copy of the list for over 2 weeks now and I have given out less than 15 copies. Most of those were in the first couple of days and they were to regular DDers.

Also, there's these things like imdb.com, the HW Creative Directory, and so on...it's not like the contact information is under lock and key, so quit stressing about who gets a copy and who doesn't. It's not like it's their personal contact information. It doesn't matter whether it's a writer who's been struggling for ten years or it's a newbie who just figured out the difference between V.O. and O.S. This information isn't hard to access. The list just makes it even easier.

Heck, last year when I was querying I was making my own Excel list of managers, producers, agents, directors and actors and I wasn't using any information from DD. So stop worrying about it.
      "All of us trying to be the camera behind the camera behind the camera. The last story in line. The Truth" Chuck Palahniuk - Haunted

Comment

I never thought writers needed managers but I got one after the strike and I must say it's hard to imagine just having an agent any more. In this environment, you need as many people out there either beating the bushes or singing your praises as possible. And I've gotten paying assignments from both.

Comment

Welcome to the board Jet!

EJ

Comment

Hi All,

Can someone kindly shoot a copy my way? Much appreciated.

[email protected]

Calc

Comment

nope... not yet. you need at least 100 posts to get that list.

Comment

Can somebody send me a copy? I didn't know this list existed until recently.

[email protected]

Thanks!

Comment

you know, i don't have a copy... and i think I'm well over 100 posts at this point

[email protected]

Comment

I'm hoping someone can send me the most recent version, too! Many thanks in advance.

[email protected]
                    Seven years dungeon --- no trials!

Comment

• Re: LA Managers: Monster List of Lit.

sorry, i was just messing with you, Calc.
                      i don't have a current copy and i'm well over the post limit.
                      i use imdbPro.

Comment

Don't know why people are up in shambles about who get's the list, hell it's all the names and emails are available online already, it's just easy to find/use in a list form. It's the internet, what you think is protected and secret isn't because it's the internet. If you wanted to keep the list from some people then don't put it online.
                        on that note can some pm the list if possible

Comment

I have the list, if you want a copy PM me WITH YOUR EMAIL (I've had several people forget that important part). I'm not going to come back to this thread to find who's requesting it.
                          "All of us trying to be the camera behind the camera behind the camera. The last story in line. The Truth" Chuck Palahniuk - Haunted

Comment

FYI - The following emails on the list have bounced (the version I HAD anyway):

Troy Underwood - Gotham Group
                            Brad Mendelsohn - New Wave Entertainment

Edit (1/7/11): Don't email/pm me for the list cause i don't have it anymore.
                            Last edited by one seven spectrum; 07-01-2011, 03:24 AM.

Comment

Hey all,

I know this thread is old, but does anyone have an updated version of this list? If so, I'd love it if you could send me a copy. PM me and I'll send you my email address.

Thanks,

IAN

Comment

Hi guys, I know this is an old thread, but if anyone has a (reasonably) up to date list of contacts, I'd really appreciate it if you could pass it along. I can give you my email if you PM me. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X