No announcement yet.
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Black List founder Franklin Leonard answers your questions about the Black List

Franklin, per your PM instructions, I also sent one Thursday to [email protected] for similar reasons.

Originally posted by SundownInRetreat View Post
    Franklin, condensed PM sent and also full length email sent to [email protected]. Major concerns and discrepancies.

Cheers.
    PuppyTummy.com

Comment

• Re: Black List founder Franklin Leonard answers your questions about the Black List

Originally posted by iknownuffin View Post
      Franklin, per your PM instructions, I also sent one Thursday to [email protected] for similar reasons.
      I got a response today and a satisfactory resolution. Hopefully yours will be just as speedy.
      M.A.G.A.

Comment

I got a response today and a satisfactory resolution. Hopefully yours will be just as speedy.
        Thank you for sharing that.

We do our best to be both quick and thorough. Right now, 96% of customer service emails receive a reply within 24 hours (83% within 8 hours; 54% within 1 hour), and typically those 4% that don't require us doing additional research to generate an appropriate response.

Comment

For me, so far it's been 4 days. And counting...

Originally posted by FranklinLeonard View Post
          Thank you for sharing that.

We do our best to be both quick and thorough. Right now, 96% of customer service emails receive a reply within 24 hours (83% within 8 hours; 54% within 1 hour), and typically those 4% that don't require us doing additional research to generate an appropriate response.
          PuppyTummy.com

Comment

Did you get a support ticket?
            M.A.G.A.

Comment

No. Just emailed to the address directed by Franklin. Nothing came back. I'll try again.

Did you get a support ticket?
              Last edited by iknownuffin; 06-18-2013, 07:15 AM. Reason: Additional comment
              PuppyTummy.com

Comment

Looks like my emails to [email protected] get bounced back, but the one directed to [email protected] went through. We'll see.

Originally posted by iknownuffin View Post
                No. Just emailed to the address directed by Franklin. Nothing came back. I'll try again.
                PuppyTummy.com

Comment

I had 3 or 4 tickets opened. I sent emails, got immediate receipts along with the ticket reference numbers. Good luckski.
                  M.A.G.A.

Comment

Please use the [email protected] for questions about the site.

Comment

Just a quick note reminding anyone who is interested and on Twitter that I'll be the guest on #scriptchat tonight from 5-6PM PST, tweeting under the @theblcklst handle.

Comment

Franklin,

1) Isn't it in the writers best interests to just buy one read at a time? If you buy 1 and it scores 9 then great, job done, everyoen can see it's a 9 rated script. But if you buy 3 and your scores come 9, 7, 5 then all of a sudden your score isn't that hot.

2) Are there are pros or cons to making your reviews public? I can see how positive testimony would look good but criticisms and plot spoilers may influence new readers.
                        M.A.G.A.

Comment

Franklin,

1) Isn't it in the writers best interests to just buy one read at a time? If you buy 1 and it scores 9 then great, job done, everyoen can see it's a 9 rated script. But if you buy 3 and your scores come 9, 7, 5 then all of a sudden your score isn't that hot.
                          Clearly I'm not Franklin, but I think some people buy a couple of reviews at a time because if they do get an 8 or above, they still won't get on the "Top Uploaded" list unless someone else rates their script.

You need at least two ratings to end up on the Top Uploaded list (and not a lot of users seem to rate scripts).

Comment

Franklin,

2) Are there are pros or cons to making your reviews public? I can see how positive testimony would look good but criticisms and plot spoilers may influence new readers.
                            1) Not necessarily, which is why we let the writers decide. Certainly if you get a 9, great job, but flip the order on those and you can see why getting three would be a good thing. Moreover, @figment is right about the top lists. Though a single rating of 9 will get you included in a Monday email of scripts with overall ratings of 8 or above and likely a good number of downloads, it can't, on its own, get you included in the top lists, which require a minimum of two ratings.

That said, it's possible to buy one read, get a great rating that's followed by a bunch of downloads, and have one of the people who downloads it rate your script (thus making you eligible for the top lists), right now, only about 14% of downloads result in an eventual rating. While this is lower than we'd like it to be, it's actually quite a high "click through rate" all things considered.

2) I think you answered the question for yourself. That said, if there are egregious plot spoilers in your evaluation. Let us know. They're unacceptable and our readers are instructed to write around spoilers unless absolutely necessary to adequately comment on the screenplay.

Comment

Originally posted by FranklinLeonard View Post
                              Though a single rating of 9 will get you included in a Monday email of scripts with overall ratings of 8 or above and likely a good number of downloads, it can't, on its own, get you included in the top lists
                              Can you explain the top list and it's benefit? Or rather how it's of extra/more benefit than an email sent with a few highlighted scripts?

2) I think you answered the question for yourself. That said, if there are egregious plot spoilers in your evaluation. Let us know. They're unacceptable and our readers are instructed to write around spoilers unless absolutely necessary to adequately comment on the screenplay.[/quote]
                              I just wonder if it comes across as having something to hide if you hide the review? I'll PM you the content and see what you think. I have no major complaint with the review.

PS: your new layout has some nice new functions such as a clear breakdown of your page views, downloads and by whom but it took me ages to access my reviews and I've received a new rating (from a downloader it would appear) yet cannot see that either. Though I like the new layout I also think it's a bit busy - a lot of info all on one screen - and the icons will take a while to get used to. Ie: a trilby fedora for "film noir" and what looks like a coat of arms to indicate "crime". I also find the new "rate reviewer" tool (a slider and an increasing gradient - like a volume bar) to be more confusing than a star or marks-out-of-ten method.
                              M.A.G.A.

Comment

I'm surprised by the new layout. I currently have a script hosted and I didn't receive any notification that a new layout was planned. It's interesting that there's a difference between downloads now between Industry members and Readers. I've only paid for one read but I noticed another reader downloaded the script. Why would a reader who I didn't pay want to download it again? I'm curious to know why.

EJ

Comment

Working...
                                X