Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American Crime Season 2

Anyone else watching this series on, of all places, ABC?

Season 1 was the best writing and acting on network television, IMO. Season 2 (three episodes in) continues to be holy crap amazing. Hurray for ABC for sticking with this kind of quality drama.

Late Night Writer

Re: American Crime Season 2

I watched the first two episodes but haven't since (I got about as far with Season 1). The thing is, I know the acting and writing are outstanding. It's just the tone of the show that's an issue for me. It's unrelentingly bleak. Even Breaking Bad, as serious as it got, had some dark humor every once in awhile. I may check in again, but it would be nice if it lightened up a bit.
    "I love being a writer. What I can't stand is the paperwork.-- Peter De Vries

Comment

UpandComing -- the bleakness almost got me to stop watching Season 1. It does test your tolerance for bleakness. But I'm glad I stuck with it -- Season 1 ended on a note of redemption that was one of the most powerful moments I've seen on television. Just stunning.

Late Night Writer

Comment

Originally posted by LateNightWriter View Post
        UpandComing -- the bleakness almost got me to stop watching Season 1. It does test your tolerance for bleakness. But I'm glad I stuck with it -- Season 1 ended on a note of redemption that was one of the most powerful moments I've seen on television. Just stunning.

Late Night Writer
        May give it another chance, then. Regina King and Felicity Huffman are just amazing to watch.
        "I love being a writer. What I can't stand is the paperwork.-- Peter De Vries

Comment

I wouldn't describe it as unrelentingly bleak, I'd say it's consistently serious. It's a show about a boy getting raped. I'm perfectly fine with the writers not trying to shoehorn in some wisecracks and pratfalls to "lighten the mood" for people who can't endure 44 minutes of straight drama.

It's probably the best show on network television right now. I always find myself amazed that an episode is already over and wishing I could see the next one immediately.

Comment

Agree, Paul. I'm just amazed to find something this provocative and challenging on network television. I've got my sister hooked now and she's catching up on past episodes with on-demand. I hope more viewers discover it.

Late Night Writer

Comment

Working...
            X