X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Three Act Structure (Part 1)

Originally posted by JoeNYC View Post
    I don't understand why no one can own up to their role in derailing threads.

Bono, this thread was going along smoothly, 600 views, where after 5 months it was... just... about... to leave the first read page, and then you enter, not to contribute to the topic, but to attack me, but of course you are a fun guy, so you attack me in a supposedly fun way with your little smiling emoji guy.

Then like Batman's signal in the night, sc111 sees this and zooms into the thread, not to contribute to the topic, but to attack me.

Tell me, Bono, should I love these posts?

So to be clear a post with 0 responses but 600 views is a plus. You think that 600 people read it, loved it it so much, but never responded. To me a thread with 0 responses is a failure. So I was honestly trying to spark discussions -- to be nice to you. But you take everything the wrong way.

I wasn't attacking at all. I was making a lite joke -- you say you write comedy, but you don't seem to like comedy at all -- but my point was real. Your post was sooo long no one responded. If you just said your point, in your own words, discussion would thrive. Honestly, real feedback. And it was about structure.

To me threads are good when you get a lot of back and forth. If you just want to give your opinions and no repsonses, there are other ways to do that.

I will stop responding directly to you if that makes you feel better. I want you to have a good time here.

Comment

Originally posted by Bono View Post

So to be clear a post with 0 responses but 600 views is a plus. ... To me a thread with 0 responses is a failure.

Your post was sooo long no one responded.
      The discussion on three act structure took place in the (Part 2) thread, which was just as long. I did a thread called HIGH CONCEPT AND LOW CONCEPT, which is just as long and it has over 3,000 views and no responses. To me, this doesn't mean it was a failure.

A lot of people were drawn to the topic and I'm sure there must have been at least one person who got something out of it, which is a success to me.

Bono, you say my thread on a topic was "sooo long" and you would like for me to keep it at a paragraph. You got to understand my threads are not for the experience writers who know the craft.

I do an In-Depth essay on a topic so new writers can get a good understanding. A single paragraph about a major element is not gonna clue a new writer in.

I'm gonna ask Will to lock the three act structure (Part 1 and 2 ) threads so we can all move on to something else.

Comment

Since this thread and Part 2 have seem to run their courses, I'll just close this up for now. It looks like the topic was pretty well discussed.
        Will
        Done Deal Pro
        www.donedealpro.com

Comment

Working...
        X