Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scapple - mindmapping tool

Just came across this yesterday (wish I had found it earlier). Awesome tool and so easy to use. Seriously, check it out.

http://www.literatureandlatte.com/scapple.php

Also, check out their writing software Scrivener too. Pretty cool.

Re: Scapple - mindmapping tool

See also: a piece of paper.

Comment

Perhaps an option for the environmentally conscious then... with additional features

Comment

I read the title of the thread and thought it said "scrapple".

I tried a product like scapple once. My verdict: It'd work great for me if I had a wall-sized touchscreen monitor. Or maybe multiple monitors where I could park large branches of the tree. In the meantime, I do that stuff on paper.

Comment

Tried Scapple. Had issues with it because it would not keep the pages separate after saving, closing, and reopening it. Items supposed to be on page three were on page two, etc.

The page definition lines were nearly impossible to see as well. Saving as a PDF gave a different layout than what was on screen. Had to rearrange the elements each time the software was opened. There was no clear layout of the page bottom, either (no rulers to boot).

It was cool being able to draw and fiddle with text boxes and lines and arrows, but in the end it wasn't worth the hassle. Also, the Scapple folks insisted that a Scapple file created on Windows ought not be opened and used on a Mac, and vice versa, to which I thought "What the heck? How would writers share these things for story development?"
          “Nothing is what rocks dream about” ― Aristotle

Comment

Working...
          X