No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Single Cam vs Multi Cam sitcoms

Hi,

I'm not too sure if this belong here, if not I'm sorry.

I was wondering what are some big differences format wise between single cam and multi cam sitcom scripts?

Re: Single Cam vs Multi Cam sitcoms

In brief, single camera looks like a feature script. For a multi-cam script the descriptions are CAPPED and the dialogue is double-spaced. There can also be location and character breakdowns at the head of the script, for example.

Also, I should probably note, since there is double spacing a multi-cam script can appear to be twice as long; thus 60 pages vs say 30 or a little less.

Here is a collection of single and multi-cam scripts which you can look at. They can surely do a better job than I in really explaining/showing:

https://screencraft.org/2016/06/21/d...pilot-scripts/
    Will
    Done Deal Pro
    www.donedealpro.com

Comment

I'm with Will - just copy any example of a recent show. There's enough variation show to show that no one is going to penalize you.

Comment

My plan is to submit to the Walt Disney Writing Program but, I have another question.

Some of the pilot scripts for multi cam shows that I have looked at are formatted like in the link above (Cold Open, Act One Scene A, etc...), but in a couple of pilots that I have looked at for like Indebted and Outmatched they are formatted like (Cold Open, Act 1, Act 2, etc...).

Because this is just for the Walt Disney Writing Program and the requirement is two original pilots does it matter what format I choose or am I missing something with the latter two examples?
        Last edited by AP3189; 05-09-2020, 04:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by AP3189 View Post
          Because this is just for the Walt Disney Writing Program and the requirement is two original pilots does it matter what format I choose or am I missing something with the latter two examples?
          I don't think it matters. So long as you're close to the format. Like Will and Jeff said above there's a lot of variation in format, and Disney's looking for creative writers not a script coordinator (not that aren't lots of talented and creative script coordinators).

HTH,
          Just my 2 cents, your mileage may vary.

-Steve Trautmann
          3rd & Fairfax: The WGAW Podcast

Comment

Working...
          X