Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Georgia Vestakis/Zero Gravity Management

I recently got a request for my script from Ms. Vestakis. Anyone ever dealt with her or Zero Gravity and what should I expect?

Re: Georgia Vestakis/Zero Gravity Management

Oh God. Do a search of the archives and I'm sure you'll find plenty.
    http://www.pjmcilvaine.com/

Comment

They request a lot of scripts, which is a good thing for writers. And they're pretty active, which is even more good. Four sales this year on DD, including two specs. When they partner with agents, it seems to be mostly Paradigm. Bad news is when they pass they don't tell you or comment on the script in any way.

Comment

Could someone PM me Ms. Vestakis' contact info please?

thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by dwightman View Post
          Could someone PM me Ms. Vestakis' contact info please?

thanks,
          [email protected]

hope you have a high intensity commercial thriller that's never been done before.

Or something shitty like CANYON

Comment

I would suggest not to submit through Georgia. At best she'll let you know they have passed and nothing else. I queried the managers themselves and have had four reads. One manager passed, gave feedback and wants to look at future work. The second read one and gave me a page of coverage and at the moment is viewing two other scripts. It seems like they liked my scripts but so far ould not pull the trigger. The managers I'm dealing with respond to emails and are pleasure to talk with.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker12345 View Post
              I would suggest not to submit through Georgia. At best she'll let you know they have passed and nothing else. I queried the managers themselves and have had four reads. One manager passed, gave feedback and wants to look at future work. The second read one and gave me a page of coverage and at the moment is viewing two other scripts. It seems like they liked my scripts but so far ould not pull the trigger. The managers I'm dealing with respond to emails and are pleasure to talk with.
              Curious whether you queried them at the same time? I have a situation where I queried through the generic addy three weeks ago, and Georgia requested a read today. Though a phone pitch to a ZG manager earlier this week led to a read. Do I send to Georgia anyway? Or hold off until I hear back from her colleague?

Comment

I queried four managers at once and got requests from two of them. I would wait to see what the managers say before dealing with Georgia. I don't even think she is a manager?

Comment

I've checked my MML, and I only have Georgia and Eric listed. Could a kind soul send me the names of these other managers so I can add them to the list?
                  http://www.pjmcilvaine.com/

Comment

Originally posted by LIMAMA View Post
                    I've checked my MML, and I only have Georgia and Eric listed. Could a kind soul send me the names of these other managers so I can add them to the list?
                    Check your email.

Comment

Hello everyone. I would be grateful to obtain
                      other managers' info as well. Thanks you
                      alot. BTW, the thread one's reply to please
                      stop emailing was hysterical....
                      " Don't really like writing. But I do like having written." Vince Gilligan, Breaking Bad.

Comment

Could I have this info as well please?

thanks,

Comment

Lots of threads on Zero Gravity Management, but I haven't come across any posts in which somebody has actually been repped by them. Anyone?

Comment

I've been repped by them. It's very much a team environment. They work their a$$es off, they've got excellent industry connections, and they know strategy.

I'm definitely not their most experienced or bankable client (hopefully that will change), but I've received nothing but top notch fostering and attention.

This is a very tough time to be a new writer. Simply taking scripts out into the spec market is not the go-to strategy it once was, and even the meetings that result don't seem to be going anywhere.

IMO, it really takes a keen sense of strategy and the ability to give a script multiple avenues for success.

I've seen ZG do this first hand. And while I haven't sold a script as of yet, you can do a little research and see their methods have worked for other clients.

In any event, I know they've made me a better writer and they've worked very hard to market my work. As far as I'm concerned, that's all you can ask for as a client.

They've done their part. Hopefully their investment in me and my material is going to pay off soon.

(remember: These reps don't get paid unless our scripts sell. All the work they put in is an investment. Just like the work we put in.)

BTW, those who say going through Georgia won't lead anywhere are wrong. That's the road I took.

Comment

The Holders moved there recently.

"Artificial Intelligence will never match the efficiency of Natural Stupidity"

Comment

Working...
                              X