• The Scriptshadow 250 Screenwriting Contest

Any one enter this? What's the dealio?

Re: The Scriptshadow 250 Screenwriting Contest

i stopped reading at "Scriptshadow"

Comment

Originally posted by JoeBanks View Post
      i stopped reading at "Scriptshadow"
      This is why DD needs a thumbs up button.

Comment

This contest feels a bit self-defeating. If your script can make it past the thousands of entries and win, that must mean it's bloody awesome. And if it's bloody awesome, why go with a cheap $5,000 option when you could easily get one for $25,000 from someone else?
        I'm never wrong. Reality is just stubborn.

Comment

This one's for doc...

Comment

To each their own but I enjoy the site and entered two. Got notified at 3 a.m. EST that I got one into the 250. That's a shitload of work for one guy to read 250 of these so we'll see how it progresses.

Comment

Originally posted by topshelf View Post
              To each their own but I enjoy the site and entered two. Got notified at 3 a.m. EST that I got one into the 250. That's a shitload of work for one guy to read 250 of these so we'll see how it progresses.
              I don't think it's just him. From what I understand, I believe his other half, "Mrs. Scriptshadow" also reads scripts.

Comment

Originally posted by discrazy View Post
                I don't think it's just him. From what I understand, I believe his other half, "Mrs. Scriptshadow" also reads scripts.
                I think she's been gone and has been slut shamed by a pro writer.

I didn't enter, but I was a finalist for his Twitter pitch contest a few years back. I know he's not very popular here, but entering the contest didn't make or ruin my non-existent writing career.

Comment

So, is Carson Reeves acting as a producer or manager now? I'm not clear on what happens with this contest....and also when he refers someone off his script notes service? If he finds a script he likes in his script notes, is he trying to attach himself or just passing them along, no strings attached?

Comment

I've read the articles for some time and, being new to screenwriting, they've given me food for thought. But I don't think there's much more I can learn from them. I don't post comments there, and have no wish to get involved and be associated with it as a screenwriter.
                    Know this: I'm a lazy amateur, so trust not a word what I write.
                    "The ugly can be beautiful. The pretty, never." ~ Oscar Wilde

Comment

Originally posted by Friday View Post
                      So, is Carson Reeves acting as a producer or manager now? I'm not clear on what happens with this contest....and also when he refers someone off his script notes service? If he finds a script he likes in his script notes, is he trying to attach himself or just passing them along, no strings attached?
                      As I understand it he wants to be a producer. This stretches back to The Disciple Program, where he wanted to attach himself to Marceca's script, but Marceca was against it (surely someone here knows more details than I).
                      His goal with the 250 contest and moving forward is to find great scripts and (hopefully) attach himself as a producer. He's made more than a few enemies in the industry, so I can't see how his attachment would help a project. He's a big enough voice to continue breaking in writers, but in a town where relationships are paramount, the producing venture may be biting off more than he can chew.
                      FADE IN:
                      PERSEVERANCE OVERCOMES ADVERSITY
                      NEVER FADE OUT.

Comment

Thanks Jai.

Yeah, his feuds with some powerful figures in the industry is a little concerning. Though, he still has ties to the big 3 agencies and some production companies.... I don't know how it all works with having enemies here and acquaintances there (I guess some agents and producers don't mind and still deal with him?) Did he attach himself to any of Alex Felix's scripts?

Comment

Working...
                        X