Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Black List - Any Success Stories Yet?

Thanks, guys. Yes, it's the Vince script, but the super hero one has gotten a nice collateral bump from those hits also (I also had a few other scripts that I took down fast after getting the scores!). Atomic City is the name of the super hero script, it's based on a webcomic that I did, which is where the prodco comes from. We did three full issues and are gearing up to do another right now - http://supernovas.keenspot.com/d/20110630.html.

In terms of contact, it's been a few prominent producers who have read the Vince script and then called, and a few reps. No offers on anything, although just getting out there again is nice right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Bennie View Post
      Hi - I wanted to share my experience. One of my scripts has gotten two 8s on the Blacklist during the past month. I have received 38 downloads, a number of producer inquiries, and a few very good meetings. It was well worth it. I have placed highly in a number of contests, and you do get some general read requests from that, but these inquiries on BL were from people who had already read my script and therefore it was much more specific.

It was also worthwhile to receive less favorable ratings on some of my older scripts from when I was starting out, all of which I loved equally with the script that got the most attention. It really separated the mutton from the lamb for me in terms of my stack of material, and what I should be promoting.

My best to Franklin and his team,
      Terry Keefe
      Concept is king. An 8 but got more downloads than a 9.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief View Post
        Concept is king. An 8 but got more downloads than a 9.
        Concept really matters, as does having a built-in audience. Wishing you many good things, Mr. Keefe!

Comment

Originally posted by coffeywriter View Post
          Concept really matters, as does having a built-in audience. Wishing you many good things, Mr. Keefe!
          Is it the one about the WWF guy?

Comment

Yeah, that's the same one. Vince McMahon. Name of the script is Mat Wars. Thanks for the encouragement. Much appreciated!

Comment

Just wanted to share a couple of recent developments with my experience on the site:

Got an 8 from a paid read on a script over the weekend, and so far have received three new downloads.

Also, the Black List is partnering with the Sundance Institute on the latter's one day Diverse Writers Workshop, I applied (it was quite the application but I decided it was well worth it to try) and just learned I was accepted.

Whereas other unscrupulous "players" are taking advantage of writers, The Black List is offering honest to God resources and connections, and for a fraction of the cost. Just thought I'd share.

Comment

Originally posted by lordmanji View Post
                Just wanted to share a couple of recent developments with my experience on the site:

Got an 8 from a paid read on a script over the weekend, and so far have received three new downloads.

Also, the Black List is partnering with the Sundance Institute on the latter's one day Diverse Writers Workshop, I applied (it was quite the application but I decided it was well worth it to try) and just learned I was accepted.

Whereas other unscrupulous "players" are taking advantage of writers, The Black List is offering honest to God resources and connections, and for a fraction of the cost. Just thought I'd share.
                That's so great re Sundance! Mazel tov! May it lead to more great things!
                "People who work in Hollywood are the ones who didn't quit." -- Lawrence Kasdan

Please visit my website and blog: www.lauridonahue.com.

Comment

Hi - I wanted to share my experience. One of my scripts has gotten two 8s on the Blacklist during the past month. I have received 38 downloads, a number of producer inquiries, and a few very good meetings. It was well worth it. I have placed highly in a number of contests, and you do get some general read requests from that, but these inquiries on BL were from people who had already read my script and therefore it was much more specific.

It was also worthwhile to receive less favorable ratings on some of my older scripts from when I was starting out, all of which I loved equally with the script that got the most attention. It really separated the mutton from the lamb for me in terms of my stack of material, and what I should be promoting.

My best to Franklin and his team,
                  Terry Keefe
                  It's a massive achievement in itself to draw 38 downloads -- that's awesome! Sounds like you're getting good out of the service. I hope it leads to greater things for you!

Comment

Hi - I wanted to share my experience. One of my scripts has gotten two 8s on the Blacklist during the past month. I have received 38 downloads, a number of producer inquiries, and a few very good meetings. It was well worth it.
                    Congrats! What's your script's title and logline?
                    I'm never wrong. Reality is just stubborn.

Comment

Congrats again Lord Manji. I can honestly say that delivering the news has been one of the high points of the first few months of this adventure.

Suffice it to say that there's more coming on the Sundance front and a few other fronts as well. The Diverse Writers Workshop is just the beginning.

Comment

Originally posted by FoxHound View Post
                        Congrats! What's your script's title and logline?
                        Thanks! It's called MAT WARS. It's a biopic about Vince and Linda McMahon.

Much appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by lordmanji View Post

That's really cool! Congrats.

Comment

yeah -- congrats Manji!

Comment

Thanks for the congrats, guys and gals

Comment

Originally posted by TessG
                                I only uploaded one script on Friday and had two downloads by this morning (I paid for a read so I am assuming it's really only one download and the reader who will review).

By this afternoon off that one read I have a meeting with CBS films on Wednesday.... it works. I'm a fan.
                                Whoa, that was fast! Congrats!! And big thanks for sharing your story and giving hope to the rest of us
                                "I love being a writer. What I can't stand is the paperwork.-- Peter De Vries

Comment

Working...
                                X