Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me save some dogs, get some notes

I'm going to take a page out of Joe's playbook right now and offer a reward in return for your charity. I don't have a friend at a major agency, but will offer what I can - my time and my brain.

Every year, Best Friends Animal Society hosts a nationwide event called Strut Your Mutt. Dog lovers walk their canines together to raise money for no kill shelters. This year on September 15 in Woodley Park I, my husband, and our miniature pincher mix Foxy will be walking with the pack from Angel City Pit Bulls, a rescue group that does an amazing job finding forever homes for homeless pit bulls in Los Angeles.

If you know anything about shelters, you know how many of them are full of pits, most of whom will never leave the shelter alive. My own American Pit Bull Terrier, Lilly, might have been one of those sad statistics had we not decided that morning to head for the shelter and pick out a dog.

I knew nothing about pits until we brought her home, but now I'm a devoted advocate for the breed, so if you have any questions, I don't mind answering.

Anyhow, a lot of people ask me for notes and I always turn them down. There are only about 4 people in the world who I'll do notes for on a normal day, but I will make an exception for this.

So here's the deal. If you go to my fundraising page: http://www.strutyourmutt.org/index.c...cipantID=14323 you can see my two adorable dogs being adorable together. Then you can donate $25 or more to the cause.

If you donate $25 I will read the first ten pages of your script and give you notes. If you donate $50 or more I will read your entire script and give you notes.
    Make sure you include your email and let me know that you'd like notes when you make your donation (either here or as a message with the donation or by PM - whatever). I will send you the email address to send your screenplay. I will read it and give you honest notes that you can take or leave as you will. I will not sugar coat these notes and they will be thorough. Unless things get crazy, I should have notes back to you within a week.

Of course, you're also welcome to give as much as you can just for the sake of the dogs. And if you like, Lilly will personally lick your face or bark at you until you pet her. If you are bald, Foxy will clean your salty head for you. They have both authorized me to make these rewards available.

So help some homeless pets and get some notes. Everybody wins.
    Last edited by emily blake; 05-16-2013, 03:26 PM.
    Chicks Who Script podcast

Re: Help me save some dogs, get some notes

I melt for animals. I'm in. And I'd love to have notes from you.

Comment

I'm in also.

I'll donate $50 but you only have to read 10 pages unless you CAN'T stop.

Notes from you are greatly appreciated.

Will donate right now. Let me know how to send at your convenience.

THANK YOU for doing this Emily.

Comment

Thank you guys so much already! I've had quite a few donations since I posted this thread. At the moment I'm up to $430, which is 54% of my official goal. I'm over the moon about the awesome messages I've received and the amount of money we've already raised. I'd love it if we could blast that goal out of the water.

The walk isn't until September, so anyone is welcome to jump onboard until then. I'm doing my first set of notes right now, and I will gladly do many more if it means helping all these puppies.

So thanks again, everyone! The doggies thank you too!

Comment

Hey Emily--

Great cause, and close to my heart! I'm delighted to donate. I'll pm you for your email because I'm also delighted to get your feedback, heh.

Late Night Writer
          (and dog lover)

Comment

I'm in. Won't have anything for you to read for a month or so, but the cause is a great one.
            If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.
            Dave Barry

Comment

Yes, wonderful cause and Emily gives great, helpful notes!

Comment

Congrats on surpassing your goal! I'll jump in to make sure your eyes grow bleary

Comment

Great cause! I sent a note with my donation, but do let me know if you need any additional info from me.

I hope you double your goal. Or triple it.

Comment

Thank you guys so much for all the love! I've surpassed my goal and now am close to raising a grand for the group. I'm super excited about this right now.

For anyone who's sent me pages - I'm doing the notes in the order in which they received, and I've done a few already, but I got more than I expected, which was awesome, but also making me fall behind. I'm leaving town for a few days so I won't be able to do notes until I get back. But as soon as I do, I'll have them to you. So it may be another 1-2 weeks before I have notes for everyone who's already donated. Sorry if that's an inconvenience to anyone. I take too long writing up the notes. This is what happens when you write long paragraphs about why something does or does not work.

Anyway, don't stop donating! I'll resume notes as soon as I'm back from my trip.

Thanks!

Comment

Update: I'm doing notes in the order in which they were received. I got a little behind because I got more responses than I was expecting, which was awesome.

If you sent me a PDF, know that I'm working my way to it. I hope to be caught up by the end of the week.

Donations are now up to $1,060! The puppies and I are thrilled.

Comment

Kudos for doing this, Emily! Congrats on the money you have raised so far. Best Friends Animal Society is a great organization. And the Strut Your Mutt events are so much fun. Hope you raise a bunch more by Sept. 15th.
                        "The Hollywood film business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." Hunter S Thompson

Comment

Money well spent.

Emily's notes are very helpful and, hey, you help dogs. And I love my dog more than most of my siblings.

It's what you call a win-win-win-win-win.

If she is still accepting donations, take advantage of the offer.

Comment

Yay! I'm glad the notes were helpful.

I've only got one script in my queue at the moment and I'm between scripts of my own, so if anybody needs notes, now's a good time. I'll be doing this all the way until September 14.

Comment

Do this. The notes are top notch.

She should write a book called, "Save the Dog" filled with examples of the good and bad she's finding.

Comment

Working...
                              X