Click here for Done Deal Pro home page
Done Deal Pro Home Page

Go Back   Done Deal Pro Forums > General > Classes, Contests, Conferences, Festivals, Groups, Panels & Seminars
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-21-2020, 02:11 PM   #11
Hernan Giaggio
User

Default Re: The Script Pipeline Screenwriting Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merrick View Post
To be honest - no. They said it was a record-breaking year with over 10000 scripts. It's impossible to read and review that many in 15-20 days without a massive staff. It doesn't help that they don't post their review process publicly.

They announced their quarterfinalists (top 1%). I didn't make the cut, but I wasn't disappointed at all. I looked up loglines on several of them that advanced. Many of them were winners (even winning scripts) from previous years, so I have a hard time believing this is done anonymously ... and the loglines really did not interest me.

So, I wouldn't enter this one again. More curious to see how I place in the competitions that take their time like Nicholl, Austin, Page, etc.

We all know about Nicholl, and I have no idea about Page...but I wouldn't be so quick to say Script Pipeline is in any way worse than AFF. I have inside knowledge of both. I'd way rather enter the former, even given your assessment (not saying it's true, just saying even with that...).
Hernan Giaggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 02:14 PM   #12
SundownInRetreat

Quote:
Many of them were winners (even winning scripts) from previous years, so I have a hard time believing this is done anonymously ... and the loglines really did not interest me.
Maybe the fact that those writers and scripts were really, really good which is why they progressed again this year? It's far more plausible that talent is why some made the cut and others didn't.

Quote:
So, I wouldn't enter this one again. More curious to see how I place in the competitions that take their time like Nicholl, Austin, Page, etc.
I could be wrong but didn't you recently say you won't post your pages on here? If so, do you really think you're ready for competitions?

Last edited by SundownInRetreat : 06-21-2020 at 03:37 PM.
SundownInRetreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 09:54 PM   #13
Merrick
User

Hernan, of course it's all what I gather from in front of the scenes. PAGE at least posts their basic criteria for advancement. Sundance lab also has an interesting system. Perhaps you're right about Austin, they don't post their judging criteria if I remember right. I just know they have a very good reputation.

For Pipeline, it looked to me like they judge by logline or possibly first few pages for most of them. It couldn't be possible to read and review all the scripts in that timeline and whittle it down to 1%. That wouldn't be an issue if they posted as such in their criteria, and in that case, the entry fee should be lower imo.

Sundown, I never said anything like that. But in these threads, people are talking about the competitions and not me. So ... why are you trying to make it about me? Seems you're trying to insinuate my writing sucks in multiple threads here. Is that really your business? I don't ever remember speaking with you before.
Merrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 04:29 AM   #14
SundownInRetreat

Quote:
Sundown, I never said anything like that. But in these threads, people are talking about the competitions and not me. So ... why are you trying to make it about me? Seems you're trying to insinuate my writing sucks in multiple threads here. Is that really your business? I don't ever remember speaking with you before.
I don't think I've seen your writing so I'm not going to be trashing it. No idea what multiple threads you refer to. I don't even notice you - which is why I've confused you (my above post) with someone else. And if anything is posted in the forum then I can make it my business, same as anyone.

Last edited by SundownInRetreat : 06-22-2020 at 05:21 AM.
SundownInRetreat is offline   Reply With Quote