No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Summer Camp

Originally posted by Centos View Post
    So, does that mean if I write 12 summer camp screenplays and enter them all tomorrow (no matter how short or crappy they are) I win all the BIG prizes?!

Whoa, dude!
    The man with a plan!
    I heard the starting gun

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southern_land View Post
      The man with a plan!
      Except I'm too lazy to carry it out. ...

I know, I'll write the same script 12 times but change the name of the characters.

Yeah! That's the ticket!
      STANDARD DISCLAIMER: I'm a wannabe, take whatever I write with a huge grain of salt.

Comment

Originally posted by TigerFang View Post
        Given the paucity of posts lately, why don't we halve that (because we have to)?
        I figured that out, but asking for a due date after advocating let's go when we get enough entries struck me as funny.

So, does that mean if I write 12 summer camp screenplays and enter them all tomorrow (no matter how short or crappy they are) I win all the BIG prizes?!
        Only if someone votes for them!

Gotta wait and see what Mark decides...

Comment

Originally posted by dpaterso View Post
          Only if someone votes for them!
          What?! Well, that's no good. Nobody is going to vote for my crap. Are you sure there's no way around this voting thing?
          STANDARD DISCLAIMER: I'm a wannabe, take whatever I write with a huge grain of salt.

Comment

I'm sure we can emote how we feel using the magic of interpretative dance instead. Maybe that's how we should always have been doing this. Maybe we've been doing it all wrong.

Just thinking aloud, aiming for the 30th would give us 12 days... perhaps 12 is the magic number after all... or there's always the 12th of June...

Comment

Originally posted by dpaterso View Post
              I'm sure we can emote how we feel using the magic of interpretative dance instead. ...
              Anything that doesn't require my attempting to attain some form of writing quality is something I'm keen to look into.

If something can't be arranged I might have to bypass this contest altogether and set up a "sell my vote to the highest bidder" enterprise. (It could go as high as 25¢. WhooEEE!)

Comment

Except I'm too lazy to carry it out. ...

I know, I'll write the same script 12 times but change the name of the characters.

Yeah! That's the ticket!
                That gives me an idea for a totally original story about a summer camp murderer...

He wears a...catcher's mask and his name is "Jayshun" (he's a millennial murderer) and he likes to cut people up with a motorized...um...weed wacker. But he really gets bloodthirsty on the weekends. Saturday the 14th is a special day to celebrate with a little light dismemberment.
                You know Jill you remind me of my mother. She was the biggest whore in Alameda and the finest woman that ever lived. Whoever my father was, for an hour or for a month, he must have been a happy man.

Comment

Got a theme and a rough idea for a plot. I'm in.

Comment

I'm in as well.
                    You know Jill you remind me of my mother. She was the biggest whore in Alameda and the finest woman that ever lived. Whoever my father was, for an hour or for a month, he must have been a happy man.

Comment

I had to dig back through my last contest hosting thread ( Dog days of summer ) to find the software that allows me to use pdfs without pulling my hair out. WriterDuet. Suggested by StoryWriter.

8 pages maximum.

Set in a Summer camp.

Deadline will be three weeks from today. Friday the 13nth of July.

email your pdfs to [email protected]. Formatted texts accepted too.

Multiple entries OK.

Good Luck
                      TRIAL FORUMS

Comment

Woo hoo!

Comment

Time to put my stinking cap on.
                          "I just couldn't live in a world without me."

Comment

Originally posted by StoryWriter View Post
                            Time to put my stinking cap on.
                            Caps?! We don't have any caps. We don't need no stinking caps!

The Treasure of the Sierra Madre

Blazing Saddles
                            “Nothing is what rocks dream about” ― Aristotle

Comment

Originally posted by TigerFang View Post
                              Caps?! We don't have any caps. We don't need no stinking caps!

Blazing Saddles
                              I think you mean:

CAPS! WE DON'T HAVE ANY CAPS. WE DON'T NEED NO STINKING CAPS!

(yeah, yeah. I know I'm not that clever.)

Comment

[QUOTE=Uber driver]Cabs?! We don't have any cabs. We don't need no stinking cabs!

QUOTE]
                                I heard the starting gun

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X