No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PAGE Awards reader line of day:

Hi, Nic,

I checked the iContact database and all the messages have gone out. But as you can see from Ken's situation above, it's a highly imperfect system.

If you have unsubscribed from our list in the past, our email service provider will not send the message to you. And for some people, mass email messages get held up by their server or swallowed up into a spam or junk mail folder. However, if you have received our other email messages over the past few weeks, including our eZine that was sent out on Wednesday, then those things shouldn't be an issue.

For anyone who did not advance, please remember that 75% of this year's entries did not move into Round Two. In order to narrow down the field as required, the Judges are forced to make tough decisions even in these early stages of the contest, and ultimately, despite our scoring system, judging a script is a very subjective thing. With different Judges, the list of advancing scripts would no doubt be different, as well. We see this every year... Scripts that did very well in the past are now getting mediocre scores. And scripts that don't advance one year end up doing very well the next. That's just the nature of the beast.

All of which is to say, although it's always wonderful to be recognized for your work, please don't put too much weight on any one person's opinion or any one contest placement or lack thereof. And do take John's LOGLINE message to heart!

Best regards,
    Jen

Comment

I got an email. One script advanced ... my short script. I had an animation script that I thought was the better of the two I entered, but didn't get notified of that one advancing. I was hoping Robert Baird would get a chance to read it.

It quartered in a different contest with a greater than 80% average score and I even improved it since then, so I was a bit taken aback by the fact that it didn't get past the first round of a 60% score in this contest.

Oh, well ... one's better than none.
      Thanks, PAGE!

Comment

Thanks in large part to some incredible notes from our own sc111, Asjah, and The Screenplay Mechanic, I'm on to Round 2 with my western-adventure script. It's a long way from a win or even a quarter- or semifinalist placement, but as this is the first "big" contest I've entered (with my 3rd script), I'm quite giddy with excitement.

Comment

Mine advanced!

Margarita time!

Late Night Writer

Comment

Strange stuff. I entered two. One, which I thought was good enough to advance, but not near as good as the second, advanced.

The second, which has been getting some real buzz from several producers since I entered it, and I think is the better of the two, did not advance.

Subjective indeed.

Comment

My notice landed in the spam folder

Comment

Still no e-mail and I entered 3 categories. That first newsletter so called rejection would have been just fine, got my hopes up for no reason.

Who knows, maybe my 2nd round e-mail is lost in cyberspace and I up end winning the whole thing.

FADE TO BLACK.

Comment

Well, this was a pleasant surprise.

I never did get the e-mail ad that's been misinterpreted. I vaguely recall unsubscribing from the mailing list -- not sure if that's separate from the Round 2 notifications.

Comment

Originally posted by bioprofessor View Post
                    Thanks in large part to some incredible notes from our own sc111, Asjah, and The Screenplay Mechanic, I'm on to Round 2 with my western-adventure script. It's a long way from a win or even a quarter- or semifinalist placement, but as this is the first "big" contest I've entered (with my 3rd script), I'm quite giddy with excitement.
                    Congrats Bioprof & fingers crossed for you.
                    Advice from writer, Kelly Sue DeConnick. "Try this: if you can replace your female character with a sexy lamp and the story still basically works, maybe you need another draft.-

Comment

Originally posted by bioprofessor View Post
                      wow, congrats bioprofessor! keep the faith and best wishes sent your way!
                      life happens
                      despite a few cracked pots-
                      and random sunlight

Comment

Batting 1000 so far - entered one, one advanced ("Whiplash"). Made the semis with it last year and won the Silver with another script.
                        "People who work in Hollywood are the ones who didn't quit." -- Lawrence Kasdan

Please visit my website and blog: www.lauridonahue.com.

Comment

Congrats to everyone who've made it to the second round. I'm in with a couple as well.

Comment

Congrats to all the DDers who advanced! Nothing for me this year...

Comment

Congrats to everyone.

I'm in with three of four. Sci-Fi; Comedy; Horror-Thriller

Waitin' to see what happens next week.

Comment

Congrats to everyone - I'm in with two.

I'm also waiting for next Friday!

Comment

Working...
                                X