No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Austin - a handful of questions.

Originally posted by JoeCollins View Post
    Got my letter today, so others should be hearing soon too.

Made second round with a nice P.S. note at the end. Austin is a good contest, but the jump from top 10% to the semifinalists (something less than 1% if I'm not mistaken) is a bit big. Wish I knew where in that top ten percent I fell. Oh well. Good contest nonetheless.
    Joe: where do you live? Nothing in the mail for me from Austin here in FL.
    "Do just once what others say you can't do, and you will never pay attention to their limitations again." -[/SIZE] James R. Cook

Comment

So it came in the mail - darn, I moved! Guess I should make sure they have my new address, in case the post office doesnt' redirect it....
      www.JustinSloanAuthor.com

http://www.CreativeWritingCareer.com
      http://www.MilitaryVeteransinCreativeCareers.com

Twitter: @JustinMSloan

Want a free book?

Comment

letters go out to second rounders and those not advancing, only. semifinalists get notified by phone call.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeBanks View Post
          letters go out to second rounders and those not advancing, only. semifinalists get notified by phone call.
          So has anybody gotten a phone call yet? I wonder how many SFs there are? That's a lot of calls to make!
          "Do just once what others say you can't do, and you will never pay attention to their limitations again." -[/SIZE] James R. Cook

Comment

they received over 6500 entries, so if the semifinalists represent 1% of entries (i'm not sure if this is correct), that would be about 70 calls to make.

Comment

they received over 6500 entries, so if the semifinalists represent 1% of entries (i'm not sure if this is correct), that would be about 70 calls to make.
              Well, no letter for me today... and no phone call..... so I guess I just have to wait.

Comment

Hi Jo Jo,

I am in Southern California and the letter was postmarked out of Austin on August 25th. Take that for what it's worth!

Comment

I actually received a phone call making the 2nd round last year. It was a congratulatory sales call offering me a discounted producer's badge for the show.

Not sure if they are doing things differently this year, but I figured this was worth mentioning.

CP

Comment

Originally posted by ChiliP View Post
                    I actually received a phone call making the 2nd round last year. It was a congratulatory sales call offering me a discounted producer's badge for the show.

Not sure if they are doing things differently this year, but I figured this was worth mentioning.

CP
                    Had the feeling the phone call was to encourage people to attend the conf. - but I guess calling the second rounders meant they called a lot of people (who probably didn't attend). They may just be calling SFs this year.

It's quite a wacky system. Why don't they just use email????

Comment

Originally posted by JoeCollins View Post
                      Hi Jo Jo,

I am in Southern California and the letter was postmarked out of Austin on August 25th. Take that for what it's worth!
                      Thanks! I was wondering when they went out... no letter or call for me

Comment

Originally posted by ChiliP View Post

CP
                        I got the same call but several days (weeks?) after i had received my 2nd round dink letter in the mail

Comment

Hey JoJo - Let me clarify. I did receive an email first. That afternoon, I received the call. Think I had a couple of weeks to accept before the prices went back up. In fact, I think that's definitely the case because I waited too long to get the Driskill discount, but still was able to get the Producer's Badge discount.

CP

Comment

Well, I have multiple entries, so I don't expect them to wait on all of them...
                            . "Audiences don't know somebody sits down and writes a picture. They think the actors make it up as they go along.-
                            Joe Gillis, Sunset Boulevard, 1950

Comment

I got the same call but several days (weeks?) after i had received my 2nd round dink letter in the mail
                              That's f'ed up! They need a better, more definitive system!

Comment

Just wondering, for you people getting notified. I'm assuming you entered feature scripts, but did any of you enter TV scripts?

Comment

Working...
                                X