• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Radmin Company

Thanks, Doolittle.

Comment

I had a strange experience with these people.

First off, the person who queried and communicated with me never signed their name. So I will never know with whom I emailed.

I sent them the script they requested stating that it was already financed and shot and now in post-production, but that I was interested in finding representation in the states. After 17 days they responded that they were not interested in perusing the screenplay.

It felt rather strange to me. Does that seem strange to you too?
      http://damianjohnharper.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Harper View Post
        I had a strange experience with these people.

First off, the person who queried and communicated with me never signed their name. So I will never know with whom I emailed.

I sent them the script they requested stating that it was already financed and shot and now in post-production, but that I was interested in finding representation in the states. After 17 days they responded that they were not interested in perusing the screenplay.

It felt rather strange to me. Does that seem strange to you too?
        No. They can't make any money off this sp. Why would they be interested?
        http://www.pjmcilvaine.com/

Comment

My writing partner and I were hip-pocketed by them after placing in the Austin Film Festival with a comedy feature. They thought our script wouldn't work in the market at the time (not sure why), so they just held out to read our follow up stuff.

After our TV pilot won at Austin, they had us spend four months writing a fifty page bible for it. Then ultimately told us "we can't do anything with this." We found a new manager and after two months we had a production company on board and were pitching to networks.

That being said, everyone we met at Radmin was completely professional and gave us well-thought out notes. Ultimately I just didn't think it was a good fit. They seemed more interested in feature scripts they could also have a hand in producing.

Comment

Originally posted by LIMAMA View Post
            No. They can't make any money off this sp. Why would they be interested?
            As an agent I thought they might be interested in finding new clients with good track records that will eventually make them money.

Question: Maybe I am going at this all wrong. They requested the screenplay after it was QF´d @ the Nicholl Fellowship. I of course sent it to them, with the hopes of finding representation. Do you think I should have offed them my new work instead of the screenplay they requested?

Comment

As an agent I thought they might be interested in finding new clients with good track records that will eventually make them money.

Question: Maybe I am going at this all wrong. They requested the screenplay after it was QF´d @ the Nicholl Fellowship. I of course sent it to them, with the hopes of finding representation. Do you think I should have offed them my new work instead of the screenplay they requested?
              Radmin is not an agency..they are managers. If the script they requested was already optioned, yes, I would have pitched new stuff.

Comment

I thought Radmin was a boutique agency. Which I guess gets us into the diff. between agents and managers.

Far as I'm concerned, at the current stage of my writing life (after knocking out umpteen novels and short stories, and thirty or more COMPLETED screenplays), I really don't need no managers. I need someone who's going to get eyes set on my work.

(Like the others, I got a request for a read from Radmin a few years ago, and the script was ultimately passed on...).

Last edited by Max Otto Schrenck; 10-15-2013, 07:50 AM. Reason: all drafts are first drafts to me

Comment

Originally posted by LIMAMA View Post
                  I would have pitched new stuff.
                  Hi LIMAMA,

Thanks for your response.

So let me just try this one out on you, in the hopes of learning from your experience:
                  An agent or manager requests to read my screenplay (which we already financed, shot and are currently editing) and instead of sending it as a good example of my writing skills I send them the new script (not yet financed ect.) mentioning that the other project is now in post-production. That way they have something in their hand that they could possibly sell i.e. make money with.

Comment

Hi LIMAMA,

Thanks for your response.

So let me just try this one out on you, in the hopes of learning from your experience:
                    An agent or manager requests to read my screenplay (which we already financed, shot and are currently editing) and instead of sending it as a good example of my writing skills I send them the new script (not yet financed ect.) mentioning that the other project is now in post-production. That way they have something in their hand that they could possibly sell i.e. make money with.
                    Yes.

Now they could have responded much differently instead of just passing on the script in post prod--they could have asked you what else do you have.

Comment

Working...
                    X