Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question about release form?

I've dealt with release forms for many years but recently I got one from a pro co and it has a paragraph that I am not to comfortable with, what do you guys think? It states:

I acknowlege that materials developed by you may contain similarities to the screenplay. I hereby waive and agree that I will NEVER make any claim or demand or bring any action against you in connection with the use of the screenplay. In this connection, I hereby release and absolutely and forever discharge you of and from any and all claims, damages, legal fees, costs, expenses, debts, actions and causes of action of every kind and nature whatsoever, whether now known or unknown, suspected or unsuspected, asserted or unasserted, which I now have, or at any time heretofore ever had or which I may have in the future, against you which in anyway arise out of the or in connection with the screenplay.

What do the wisest of the wisest think about this? Should I sign and send or politely pass?

Thanks!

Snowman

I don't think you should

"...in connection with the screenplay."--are they going to use a part of it and not pay? I don't think you should sign. But then again, I might be wrong...I just have never seen anything like it before.

Comment

Release

Welcome to Santos Fischer.

Don't be mean to us.

Comment

Working...
      X