Spartacus: War of The Damned (Final Season)

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spartacus: War of The Damned (Final Season)

Crassus is the best Spartacus villain. Part of me wants to root for him. The actor is killing it. This season is so good. Why are they ending this? I hope they do the spinoff with Crassus and Caesar.

And WTF was that girl doing to Caesar while he was getting dome? YIKES

Re: Spartacus: War of The Damned (Final Season)

I think they're closing it down fast because the new Sparty Lite is so weak both physically and as an actor that they can get rid of him and retain some momentum with the concept

I saw an article that they'll turn to Julius/Anthony and Cleo next up. Lots of scope for continued debauchary there
    I heard the starting gun

sigpic

Comment

I enjoyed Blood & Sand a hell of a lot.

Gods of the Arena was cool, but a HUGE step down in overall quality.

Just started Vengeance, and so far, it's about on par with GOTA, if not slightly less interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Biohazard View Post
        I enjoyed Blood & Sand a hell of a lot.

Gods of the Arena was cool, but a HUGE step down in overall quality.

Just started Vengeance, and so far, it's about on par with GOTA, if not slightly less interesting.
        Whereas I'm the opposite, and feel like the show has gotten mostly better as it's run.

They're closing it down because DeKnight doesn't think there's enough interesting story in the slaves' rebellion. Looking to history, they never really seemed to have a plan of action, and so the show would just be a repetitive mash of 'go here, turn around, wait, go that way' if the rebellion lasted multiple seasons.

Comment

People need to start talking about awards for this show. Last episode was one of the best episodes in the series. The guy who plays Crassus is ruthless and cunning. He even put his son in the line of fire.

Caesar is on some Machiavellian type scheming. I'm hyped they are going to do a spinoff with Caesar.

Comment

Wasn't a fan of Vengeance at all. This season seems like they've remembered what makes the show good. Last night's episode was one of the best yet.
            @ZOlkewicz - Don't follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Last year was tough, everyone felt the loss of Andy Whitfield, and no one they chose could fill his shoes. This season the new Spartacus has found his feet and the show is better.
              826dk

ARTicles: Kick Your Creative A** Into Gear

DK - Script Revolution

Comment

The show should get awards attention. This season has been incredible. I hate that it's ending. Every episode is nail biting now because you know any character can get killed. I wonder how they're gonna handle Spartacus' death? I wish Gannicus could survive and do his own spinoff.

They need to green light that Caesar spinoff. The guy playing him is doing a great job. And Crassus owns the screen everytime he's on it.
                Last edited by Deion22; 03-03-2013, 03:46 PM.

Comment

I thought including Ceasar would mean less tension because we know exactly what happens to him. But it's the opposite. That last ep when Agron was fighting Ceasar I watched behind the pillow because I know Ceasar lives, so that meant Agron could easily die, and I LOVE Agron! I was so worried. I have no idea how they're going to keep going for the next half of the season. It looks like they are so screwed. That's good TV.
                  Chicks Who Script podcast

Comment

So good it's obscene.
                    Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue

Comment

The good news is Sparty and crew finally got a victory. The bad news, we know in 3 episodes they gonna get that permanent loss. I love how this show does character turns. At first you think we'd be rooting for Tiberius, especially after Decimation. Then we see what a creep Tiberius is. And CAESAR has me rooting for him. That actor can definitely carry the spinoff series.

It'd be cool to see the rivalry/relationship of Crassus and Caesar in a series.

Comment

Last night's episode... whew. An end of an era. Even though I know historically how it ends, it's still rough watching the characters get killed. Somebody needs to put sword to purpose and end Tiberius. Tiberius is competing with Joffrey for most hated villain on TV.

I wish Andy Whitfield was alive to do those final scenes with Crixus. Andy and Crixus had great chemistry. Much better then the new Spartacus.

Comment

The end is coming.

I don't like it.

I'm off to construct a Play-Doh statue in honor of Crixus, the undefeated Gaul.

Comment

Sparticus can't die after all this! He's going to strike a deal with Ceasar.

Comment

Ceasar might be a little too sore to strike deals.

Comment

Working...
                              X