Get considered by Benderspink and support a great cause...

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get considered by Benderspink and support a great cause...

Several years ago my grandfather Bob Coppola died due to heart disease. Ever since then I have made it a priority in my life to support the American Heart Association. This year I'll be participating in the annual Pierce County (WA) Heart Walk in an effort to help raise funds for this great cause. Heart disease and stroke are the nation's #1 killers.

I'm partnering with Daniel Vang of Benderspink to give you the opportunity to join the fight against these killers and get your work considered by a top management/production company in the process.

Daniel has agreed to read at least the first 25 pages of your work if you make a $25 donation to the American Heart Association and the first 50 pages of your work if you make a $50 donation. If your work catches Daniel's eye he will read on and potentially pass it up the chain to his bosses at Benderspink. It's Daniel's job to find new voices that Benderspink can break and new projects for them to produce. That voice and that project could be yours.

Make your donation at my personal donation page on the American Heart Association website via the link below...

http://heartwalk.kintera.org/piercecountywa/joenienalt

Once you make your donation PM me here and I will give you instructions on how to submit your work to Daniel. He will consider both feature length screenplays and television pilots. If you don't have a script ready now you can still make a donation and we can arrange to submit it when it's ready.

This is a win/win, folks.

Thank you and good luck!
    "I hate to break it to you but there is no big lie. There is no system. The universe is indifferent.- - Don Draper

Re: Get considered by Benderspink and support a great cause...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by AJ_FIN; 06-08-2020, 12:01 PM.

Comment

Log off and log in again.

M.

Comment

I got it to work just now (w/o any log-off, new browser, etc.) FYI.

Comment

Thanks for the chance, Joe.

M.

Comment

I think they were having server issues for a minute there. Should be working now, though. Of course, M, thanks for supporting the cause. In the end it's your work that will truly give you the chance or not -- not me.
            "I hate to break it to you but there is no big lie. There is no system. The universe is indifferent.- - Don Draper

Comment

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Last edited by AJ_FIN; 06-08-2020, 12:01 PM.

Comment

Thanks, Joe. That's a great initiative. My dad got a triple bypass a couple years ago and he's been like a new man since then.

Comment

That's great. Hopefully they caught it early. That's the key. People need to listen to their bodies and go to the doctors when something doesn't feel right.

Comment

Extremely cool and generous offer by both of you Joe.

What's the timeline for us to take advantage of this?
                    I heard the starting gun

sigpic

Comment

The Heart Walk takes place on October 15th so hopefully the donation would be made before then. Once you make a donation Daniel will read your work whenever you feel it's ready. There are already several people who made a donation today but are waiting to submit while they work on their scripts -- that's totally fine, too.

Comment

Joe -

Wow, that's an amazing and creative offer from you and Daniel!

I think I will definitely take you up on that tomorrow. If I donate even more to cover all the pages, will he read the whole script?
                        "The Hollywood film business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." Hunter S Thompson

Comment

Hi Joe,

I sent you a PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cshel View Post
                            Joe -

If I donate even more to cover all the pages, will he read the whole script?
                            I'll work on him! I'm sure we could figure something out. He's a big supporter of the American Heart Association cause, too.

Comment

Originally posted by joe9alt View Post
                              I'll work on him! I'm sure we could figure something out. He's a big supporter of the American Heart Association cause, too.
                              Thanks! I'll do it either way, of course.
                              "The Hollywood film business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." Hunter S Thompson

Comment

Working...
                              X