Done Deal Pro Home Page

Go Back   Done Deal Pro Forums > General > Announcements, News, & Opportunities
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-28-2019, 03:19 PM   #1
renerodlauer
New User

Default Searching for (Co-)Writer / Female-led story

Hey Done Dealers,

My name is René Rodlauer and I am a 26 year old working director and cinematographer from Vienna, Austria. I mainly work in the commercial industry and in times of commercial-freedom I write short scripts, direct music videos or DOP on short films - mainly now directing.

A few years ago a loose idea started to grow in my head and now, im sitting in front of a few question marks. Since then I sat down, night for night, to develop the story in my head and finally I can say that I got 50 - 60minutes of story (out of my goal of 90mins). To be up front: this will be my feature film debut as a director.

Now, and because I'm not a native American-English speaker, I knew that I need someone (at least) as a co-writer for the actual script, preferable someone that is native speaking English and has some experience in character driven projects.

The film is called 'Stella' (working title) and is a Female-led crime/thriller/drama set in a Texas border town. If I had to pick other movies to describe the story it would be the original 'Miss Bala' with more heart and dramatic elements, like 'Mickey and the Bear'. I would also throw the character development from Emily Blunt/Kate Macer in 'Sicario' in the mix.

So what's the projects state? I'm about to apply for a script-funding here in Austria, which would mean that the project I'm talking about is definitely meant to be a paied one. I already got big plans, a full treatment and I want to shoot one scene of the story in September as a teaser, to get everything I can for a production funding. Script, Treatment and Teaser will be pitched at a renowned international Programme.

I would love to talk to one of you and hope that I got anyone Interested in the project. I really don't know how to get to someone native speaking in any other way, I hope I'm at the right address. If someone of you is interested, feel free to contact me here via a private message or a email at: contact@renerodlauer.com

Thank you,
René
renerodlauer is offline   Reply With Quote