Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Contests That Use Two or More Readers for Entries

As a reminder, please don't throw out off-the-cuff, seemingly unsubstantiated comments about how contest, companies, services, etc. do their business. If you've done some massive behind the scenes investigation, conducted interviews, run stake outs then that's one thing. But casually tossing out a comment which could be damaging to someone's reputation isn't really cool to do.
    Will
    Done Deal Pro
    www.donedealpro.com

Comment

Originally posted by UpandComing View Post
      Thanks for your input, Joe. Based on the comments on this board and the research I've done since, these contests offer at least two reads in the first round:

-Nicholl
      -Austin
      -Tracking Board
      -Bluecat

These don't appear to:

-PAGE
      -TrackingB
      -Scriptapalooza
      -Final Draft

As for which ones are worth entering, I was a QF in Final Draft last year, so I'm hard-pressed to say anything bad about it

Page does.

Comment

Originally posted by lache View Post
        Page does.
        That's what I was thinking.

From their website:

FIRST & SECOND ROUNDS
        In the first two rounds of competition, entries will be evaluated by professional script readers currently working in the industry. The top 25% of all submissions will advance to the Second Round of competition, and the top 10% of all submissions will advance to the Quarter-Final Round.
        Now I don't know if there are two readers in each, the first and second round, before the QF. But since they don't announce any lists until the QF, I think the first and second round could just be considered as the first round where, yes, there are at least two readers per script before the QFinalists are selected.

Comment

Thanks, lache and Jakkal. Though I'm specifically referring to contests where two reads are guaranteed before any eliminations occur (I've updated the original post to reflect this). Just like the idea of a second opinion at the beginning...
          "I love being a writer. What I can't stand is the paperwork.-- Peter De Vries

Comment

Working...
          X