No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How A Ratings Service Can Deal With Subjectivity

Originally posted by Margie Kaptanoglu View Post
    That's a good one too. I remember reading about it some time ago.

But the hoaxes were not by the same guy. A writer named Chuck Ross did the Casablanca hoax. David Cameron did the New Yorker hoax.

Credit where credit is due

Oops!

Sorry, I was reading about this...

http://www.museumofhoaxes.com/hoax/a...ps_experiment/

And mixed up the two experiments.

Thanks for catching that Margie!

Comment

Cinderella's Big Smelly Feet.

It's the right script to the right person at the right time. Every day the world changes and what was perfect for yesterday may be a pass today.

- Bill
      Free Script Tips:
      http://www.scriptsecrets.net

Comment

I mentioned this before on another thread, but there is a well-documented psychological effect at work here. If you put belief before fact, your brain construdes the results to fit the belief.

Like that famous experiment where art critics were shown "professional abstract art" (in reality paint mashing from a 3-year-old) and commented on how "brilliant" and "ground-breaking" the artist was.

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em. That's why when I next submit on the BL, I'm going to go with a pro-sounding name + fake contact info for a high profile- sounding agent.

Name: Aaron Sobiesky

Rep: Todd Feldmeyer at Creative Arts Agency (LA, NY)
        I'm never wrong. Reality is just stubborn.

Comment

Originally posted by wcmartell View Post
          It's the right script to the right person at the right time.
          I've heard that mantra from Chris Lockhart, too.

His other bit of wisdom stuck with me: "Write a script that Hollywood wants to make."

You'd be surprised how many screenwriters don't do this and yet wonder why they can't get a foot in the door.

Comment

Originally posted by robertcc View Post
            I've heard that mantra from Chris Lockhart, too.

His other bit of wisdom stuck with me: "Write a script that Hollywood wants to make."

You'd be surprised how many screenwriters don't do this and yet wonder why they can't get a foot in the door.
            I think that every writer writes what HE believes is a script Hollywood wants to make. Now, whether that script is something Hollywood wants to make is another matter entirely.

As for the right script to the right person at the right time, yes.

As far the Slush pile goes, readers have big piles of scripts to sort through and there's little gain it for them anyway. Plus having to read that many scripts sucks. So there's little incentive to carefully go over most of the scripts that come your way (unless its a priority read).
            Check out my videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/NyFilmmaker32/videos

Comment

Working...
            X