Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tranquilizer darts

I've heard conflicting reports. Will a tranquilized animal awaken after a time, or is there an 'antidote' that needs to be administered, lest the animal be killed?

Any knowledge is appreciated, thanks.
    Looking to take the "Bono" off my screenname.

Re: Tranquilizer darts

They awaken in time.

Comment

Great story.
      Guy was on roids big time.
      Roid rage at the max.
      Took TWO animal tranquilizers to knock him down.

http://www.thebrushback.com/Archives...urguy_full.htm

PS. It's a real story.
      Here's Big E. No small dude.

http://underarmourzone.blogspot.com/...protecter.html
      Chow

Comment

Originally posted by ColeBlackburn View Post

PS. It's a real story.

Um, not it isn't. Just in case anyone is wondering, The Brushback is like The Onion.
        "Witticism"
        -Some Guy

Comment

Oh, and the darts can do anything you want. These could be new darts that require an antidote, or they could be darts that are timed to have the animal wake up after 30 minutes of 8 hours. They're your special, made up darts. Let them serve the story; don't let your story serve the darts. Sure, this may mean that your script loses favor amongst the tranquilizer dart afficianados, but screw those freaks.
          "Witticism"
          -Some Guy

Comment

Usually a good idea to go ahead and tase whatever you've tq'd to get them up and at 'em again. At least that's how I was taught. A respectful victim will clean up their mess in a timely fashion as well.
            sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the words, guys. I've since learned that there are both kinds.

Originally posted by cynicide View Post
              Oh, and the darts can do anything you want. These could be new darts that require an antidote, or they could be darts that are timed to have the animal wake up after 30 minutes of 8 hours. They're your special, made up darts. Let them serve the story; don't let your story serve the darts. Sure, this may mean that your script loses favor amongst the tranquilizer dart afficianados, but screw those freaks.
              The reason I'm on "Research and Resources" is not because I'm trying to please tranq-freaks, but because I've always appreciated writers who compose with accuracy (i.e. Michael Crichton) and strive to do the same with my writing.

IMO, making stuff up when facts exist is just lazy writing.
              Looking to take the "Bono" off my screenname.

Comment

Originally posted by ProBono Writer View Post

The reason I'm on "Research and Resources" is not because I'm trying to please tranq-freaks, but because I've always appreciated writers who compose with accuracy (i.e. Michael Crichton) and strive to do the same with my writing.

IMO, making stuff up when facts exist is just lazy writing.
                And IMO, making stuff up when facts exist is just fiction. Which is what screenplays are, for the most part. My point was only that you can make things do what you need them to do to make your story work. A lot of "facts" in writing aren't facts. Such as getting fingerprints off of guns.

But I can appreciate striving for accuracy, and sometimes it does add a sense of authenticity to a story. Too often, though, I think writers get bogged down in trying to make something "true" rather than trying to make their story work. It can be a fine line, however.
                "Witticism"
                -Some Guy

Comment

Working...
                X