• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Love Pyar Whatever - India Theatrical Trailer

Looks fun! Congrats!

Comment

I have not posted in a long time, but I wanted to give everyone an update on what happened to my feature writing/directing debut.

We did exhibit in India at 30 theatres. We were supposed to show in 300 theatres, but mismanagement from of some of my producers killed all but 30 theatres.

The showings went well in India, but it was extremely difficult to get a foothold there, that the movie didn't go any further in India.

The movie then went dormant for a few years. Did not find distribution and we had false starts with a couple of sales agents (don't get me started on those types of guys...I have stories).

So I thought that my little movie had finally run its course. In one last ditch effort, I went to Cannes last year. It was a long shot thinking that I could find distribution there, but since I wanted to go anyway, I just said screw it, I'm going.

As a side note: Cannes is freaking awesome.

As luck would have it a small distribution company from Arizona offered to take on the movie. But as things worked out, my Producers and the distribution company could not come to an agreement on the contract.

But...But...while in Cannes I had met another company that was just starting out. They are a company that hooks up buyers and sellers directly cutting out the middleman, like the sales agent.

Cutting this story short...the end result that my movie is now on Amazon Prime with possible other outlets in play (I will learn more after my new friends come back from Cannes '18).

It has been an extremely long and tiring road. But a fun one, even though it has taken years off of my life.

Check out my movie...

https://www.amazon.com/Love-Pyar-Wha...70_&dpSrc=srch
      Never let the competition know what you're thinking... and never tell the unseen masses your story idea.

-- Rule 85, Ferengi Rules of Acquisition (updated by cmmora)

Comment

Good for you man! I just added it to my watchlist.

Comment

Cool, thanks, Rantanplan.
          Never let the competition know what you're thinking... and never tell the unseen masses your story idea.

Comment

Sorry, one more update. I just found out that my feature was picked up by Kasper Digital (one of 78 films). A Mumbai company for distribution in the Indian Market. And as an added bonus, my short, "I Meant To Tell You" was picked by VOD company SoFy.tv

Amazing what a new day brings.

http://variety.com/2018/film/news/ca...ve-1202819424/

Comment

Another self-serving update...

Well the Kasper Deal fell through...But, as the Distribution gods taketh, they also giveth...

Big Star Movies has picked up my movie.

http://preview.bigstar.tv/film/love-pyar-whatever-2016

Comment

Working...
              X