No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Project X

Originally posted by kintnerboy View Post
    I have no idea what gender you are (based on your name) but let me let you in on a little secret. Most guys don't even like to aggressively objectify women (whistle at them on the street, hit on them with cheesy pick-up lines in bars). They do it so no one thinks they're gay (which, in America, is the worst thing you can accuse a young man of being.... and women are just as guilty as the men of creating this environment).

That's essentially the problem. But it gets misconstrued as misogyny, or objectifying women or whatever, because everyone is so busy being angry and self-righteous to see the truth.

Here's a better example: The reason that cheerleaders jump up and down on the sidelines of football games is so men can oogle them and say "Look at those pom-poms" and remind each other that they're heterosexual. No one seems to have a problem with this.
    IDK I hit on girls with the strict hankering of having recreational sex.

Comment

I have sex with myself so I don't have to worry about objectifying women. I also never call myself the day after. I'm such a bastard.

HH

Comment

Originally posted by TBEagle View Post
        ROFL.

And you can totally hit on girls tactfully. Or you can let out a mating call with a whistle and holler.

How you choose is up to you. Not what you saw on TV. lol
        -chris

Comment

Originally posted by TBEagle View Post
          Totally, bro.

Comment

Originally posted by kintnerboy View Post
            Totally, bro.
            You sound totally not gay, bro.

Comment

This thread isn't dead yet? For fvck's sake.

Comment

Totes

Comment

the movie has a few laughs, the pacing is pretty quick (the whole run time is like an hour 15 of actual movie?)

My wife thought it was pretty funny all the girls in that high school are 26 year old models, must be one of them magnet schools.

I didn't see the point of the whole "found footage" angle or what exactly the film gained from it?

Comment

Originally posted by BattleDolphinZero View Post
                    Totes
                    Really? Totes?
                    twitter.com/mbotti

Comment

Totes.

Comment

Originally posted by Slappynipsy View Post
                        the movie has a few laughs, the pacing is pretty quick (the whole run time is like an hour 15 of actual movie?)

My wife thought it was pretty funny all the girls in that high school are 26 year old models, must be one of them magnet schools.

I didn't see the point of the whole "found footage" angle or what exactly the film gained from it?
                        ...and how about the alleged demeaning and objectifying of women?

Comment

I really didn't want to get into this again but for fear of being misread...

I am a woman. All woman. All the time. Lived in different countries all over the world - Western, Eastern, American, non-American - single, then married, and always blonde. You don't need to tell me how men think.

I have a novel out with publishers via my agent that deals with this very issue. I have been channeling my energies productively. Thanks for asking.
                          sigpic

Website
                          Tweets
                          Book

Comment

some of the comments on this thread = wow, particularly from the 'money is all that matters' people.

"women love to be portrayed as sex objects. They choose to be shown in this light."
                            "why don't we deal with gender abuse in those foreign lands like Africa, China and the Middle East before talking about some measly movie with titties?"

you are what you eat, and your mind is what it consumes. People can pretend all day long that media has no real effect on how people think, but the results are staggeringly obvious that they DO in fact affect how we view the world. That's the whole point of media. It's the whole point of advertising.

so when you see a movie about planking, getting sh*tfaced and using girls as party playthings, it's not just "oh, I watched the movie and forgot about the world for a few hours. and now the experience is magically wiped from my mind and I go about my regular life"

it sticks with you on some level, whether you wish to admit it or not. And if you watch lots of stuff like that, you'll internalize certain behaviors. or at least consider them as 'normative'.

anyway, I'm probably sounding like a art-dictator killa snob right now. It's been a fun convo, gentlemen.

Deuces...like Chris Brown

Comment

it sticks with you on some level, whether you wish to admit it or not. And if you watch lots of stuff like that, you'll internalize certain behaviors. or at least consider them as 'normative'.
                              Or you can consider them to be not normal and how you don't want to behave.

Comment

Originally posted by sasqits View Post
                                Or you can consider them to be not normal and how you don't want to behave.
                                How many 15 year old boys will make this choice when their mates are guffawing at them? 15 year olds being the target audience.

Anyway, I'm reassured by many here who get it and reject it. Good blokes and gentlemen, too.

Oh, and Happy International Women's Day.
                                sigpic

Website
                                Tweets
                                Book

Comment

Working...
                                X