No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fox NYTVF Sitcom Pilot Contest 2013

Originally posted by RTrevino
    the 25 FINALISTS should have been determined by Aug. 5th. They just recently (today actually, I think, because I've been checking the site obsessively) pushed it to on or about Aug. 19.

It would seem we're all still in the running, at least officially.

Unless they come out and say they haven't contacted the finalists yet, I think it's safe to assume they already did that (or will do today). They need to get all the finalist's paperwork before they can release a winners list set in stone.

Comment

Originally posted by bmcthomas View Post
      Last year, all the entrants got an email saying "we're still deciding blah blah" with an announcement date a couple weeks after the notification date listed in the rules. But the finalists had already been notified. And we had this same discussion on the boards. "We could still be in the running!" No, we're not.

I looked up the thread - lache posted that she had been called on the day notifications were supposed to go out. Later that day, a bunch of us got emails saying they were still deciding. So we're out.
      Im wondering if the 19 date is to announce the finalists and notify them?

Comment

Originally posted by lache View Post
        Im wondering if the 19 date is to announce the finalists and notify them?
        It's to announce the finalists that have been vetted and turned in their paperwork, I'm sure.

Last year, the day you were called, we all got emails saying that the finalists would be announced in two weeks.

19th = two weeks from the 5th, the announcement date.

Comment

I looked up the thread - lache posted that she had been called on the day notifications were supposed to go out. Later that day, a bunch of us got emails saying they were still deciding. So we're out.
          I saw that too, but no one has received any emails yet, which makes this even more confusing...

Comment

It's to announce the finalists that have been vetted and turned in their paperwork, I'm sure.

Last year, the day you were called, we all got emails saying that the finalists would be announced in two weeks.

19th = two weeks from the 5th, the announcement date.
            Makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Kowalski View Post
              I saw that too, but no one has received any emails yet, which makes this even more confusing...
              Well maybe they skipped the emails to make it less confusing. There was much debate last year over what the emails meant, people wanting to hold out hope, etc. Maybe they got bombarded with replies to those emails.

I followed the twitter link - they didn't answer the people asking if finalists had been notified.

Comment

Well maybe they skipped the emails to make it less confusing. There was much debate last year over what the emails meant, people wanting to hold out hope, etc. Maybe they got bombarded with replies to those emails.

I followed the twitter link - they didn't answer the people asking if finalists had been notified.
                Eventually they will have to set up a better system to notify those who have entered, also once i got to the festival, the winners/ top three were made pretty evident hours before the award show. It was disappointing.

Comment

Just got my finalist notification email. I'm stoked!
                  I totally also submitted to Austin, so I'm not sure how that's gonna play out. I forwarded the contract the my agent (hip-pocket); hopefully, he's still reading my emails...

I assume it's all above board, but anyone else got opinions about the contract or the no-other-contests rule?

Comment

Originally posted by probability View Post
                    I totally also submitted to Austin, so I'm not sure how that's gonna play out. I forwarded the contract the my agent (hip-pocket); hopefully, he's still reading my emails...

I assume it's all above board, but anyone else got opinions about the contract or the no-other-contests rule?
                    Wow. That seems late for a notification. Thought they were supposed to go out on the 5th. I guess they're running behind. Hopefully I get one!

Congrats, by the way! So awesome to see people win things here!

Comment

The contract pretty much says that for about 4 months you are Fox's bitch. lol You can't enter this particular script to ANY OTHER competitions until the awards are over. AND CONGRATS!

Comment

Congrats! What's your pilot about? Can you give a logline or anything?

Comment

Originally posted by probability
                          That said, I'd love to win. Thanks for the congrats. I hope some of you guys get notification emails tomorrow.
                          I think all the finalists would have gotten their emails yesterday when you did. At least I know I can enter mine in other contests now

Comment

It really sucks that NYTVF is the SAME weekend as Austin Film Festival. I've been looking into NYTVF and honestly, I'd rather go to Austin. NYTVF seems more geared toward folks with produced indie pilots. I'm a comedy writer looking to get staffed, so I feel like I'd be better off going to Austin.

Anyone got any opinions on NYTVF?

Thanks!

Comment

It really sucks that NYTVF is the SAME weekend as Austin Film Festival. I've been looking into NYTVF and honestly, I'd rather go to Austin. NYTVF seems more geared toward folks with produced indie pilots. I'm a comedy writer looking to get staffed, so I feel like I'd be better off going to Austin.

Anyone got any opinions on NYTVF?

Thanks!

I went to NYTVF and I wrote a little bit about my experience here. I would say that I wouldn't have attended if I knew they were going to make the top three so damn clear. LOL I did meet some cool people, but it didn't really lead to anything. Mentioning that I was a finalist did get me reads when I used it with my queries but that was about it.

Comment

Anyone going to the nytvf drinks tonight?

Comment

Working...
                                X