Click here for Done Deal Pro home page
Done Deal Pro Home Page

Go Back   Done Deal Pro Forums > General > Classes, Contests, Conferences, Festivals, Groups, Panels & Seminars
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-06-2013, 01:51 PM   #51
bmcthomas

Default Re: Fox NYTVF Sitcom Pilot Contest 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kowalski View Post
I saw that too, but no one has received any emails yet, which makes this even more confusing...
Well maybe they skipped the emails to make it less confusing. There was much debate last year over what the emails meant, people wanting to hold out hope, etc. Maybe they got bombarded with replies to those emails.

I followed the twitter link - they didn't answer the people asking if finalists had been notified.
bmcthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 01:59 PM   #52
lache
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcthomas View Post
Well maybe they skipped the emails to make it less confusing. There was much debate last year over what the emails meant, people wanting to hold out hope, etc. Maybe they got bombarded with replies to those emails.

I followed the twitter link - they didn't answer the people asking if finalists had been notified.
Eventually they will have to set up a better system to notify those who have entered, also once i got to the festival, the winners/ top three were made pretty evident hours before the award show. It was disappointing.
lache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 11:48 AM   #53
probability
New User

Just got my finalist notification email. I'm stoked!
I totally also submitted to Austin, so I'm not sure how that's gonna play out. I forwarded the contract the my agent (hip-pocket); hopefully, he's still reading my emails...

I assume it's all above board, but anyone else got opinions about the contract or the no-other-contests rule?
probability is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 12:51 PM   #54
fdrobbins
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by probability View Post
I totally also submitted to Austin, so I'm not sure how that's gonna play out. I forwarded the contract the my agent (hip-pocket); hopefully, he's still reading my emails...

I assume it's all above board, but anyone else got opinions about the contract or the no-other-contests rule?
Wow. That seems late for a notification. Thought they were supposed to go out on the 5th. I guess they're running behind. Hopefully I get one!

Congrats, by the way! So awesome to see people win things here!
fdrobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 02:05 PM   #55
lache
Regular

Quote:

The contract pretty much says that for about 4 months you are Fox's bitch. lol You can't enter this particular script to ANY OTHER competitions until the awards are over. AND CONGRATS!
Old 08-15-2013, 10:30 PM   #56
Kowalski
User

Quote:

Congrats! What's your pilot about? Can you give a logline or anything?
Kowalski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 11:00 AM   #57
Kowalski
User

Quote:
That said, I'd love to win. Thanks for the congrats. I hope some of you guys get notification emails tomorrow.
I think all the finalists would have gotten their emails yesterday when you did. At least I know I can enter mine in other contests now
Kowalski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 12:01 PM   #58
probability
New User

It really sucks that NYTVF is the SAME weekend as Austin Film Festival. I've been looking into NYTVF and honestly, I'd rather go to Austin. NYTVF seems more geared toward folks with produced indie pilots. I'm a comedy writer looking to get staffed, so I feel like I'd be better off going to Austin.

Anyone got any opinions on NYTVF?

Thanks!
probability is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 04:00 PM   #59
lache
Regular

Quote:
It really sucks that NYTVF is the SAME weekend as Austin Film Festival. I've been looking into NYTVF and honestly, I'd rather go to Austin. NYTVF seems more geared toward folks with produced indie pilots. I'm a comedy writer looking to get staffed, so I feel like I'd be better off going to Austin.

Anyone got any opinions on NYTVF?

Thanks!

I went to NYTVF and I wrote a little bit about my experience here. I would say that I wouldn't have attended if I knew they were going to make the top three so damn clear. LOL I did meet some cool people, but it didn't really lead to anything. Mentioning that I was a finalist did get me reads when I used it with my queries but that was about it.
Old 09-10-2013, 08:36 AM   #60
McNamara
User

Anyone going to the nytvf drinks tonight?
McNamara is offline   Reply With Quote