Click here for Done Deal Pro home page
Done Deal Pro Home Page

Go Back   Done Deal Pro Forums > General > Classes, Contests, Conferences, Festivals, Groups, Panels & Seminars
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2013, 10:21 AM   #1
thrill14
User

Default TrackingB TV Contest ('13 contest resulted in EXTANT at CBS with Spielberg)

http://www.trackingb.com/?page_id=9668

Still don't know how the Insider does it, but he continues to not only get new writers repped by the top agents and managers in town, but now gets scripts into top producers, studios and networks that result in magical deals like Extant at CBS with some guy named Spielberg attached.

And he finds these diamond in the rough scripts with only a fraction of the submissions that Nicholls gets. So your odds of getting discovered is that much greater. I'd say that's well worth the entry fee.
thrill14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 11:34 AM   #2
Alfred Parker
User

Default Re: TrackingB TV Contest ('13 contest resulted in EXTANT at CBS with Spielberg)

Love the Mickey Fisher success story. One in a million - but hey, the shot can't land if it's not taken - and it was launched from Trackingb so good on everyone involved. What I find ironic/funny about that whole situation is that Extant didn't even win the contest, another script did.

Curious if anyone has the scoop on how it got to Amblin in the first place, did the Insider shuttle it over there, was it Brooklyn Weaver or was it WME after they signed Mickey?
Alfred Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 01:44 PM   #3
CameronAlexander
User

Default Re: TrackingB TV Contest ('13 contest resulted in EXTANT at CBS with Spielberg)

Insider had Extant script delivered via FedEx Unicorn to Spielberg himself. Upon seeing the majestic beast, Spielberg had no choice but to turn it into a series.

This is how it happened. Tell all your friends.
Old 12-02-2013, 02:19 PM   #4
Alfred Parker
User

Nice, CameronAlexander - thanks for that info!

So looks like Weaver just grabbed a coat tail and pumped the hype prime to bask in the afterglow and claim some measure of credit then, huh?

Insider proves time and again he's a good dude.
Old 12-02-2013, 04:30 PM   #5
Mintclub
Regular

On a side note EXTANT is a really good spec that hits all the key beats and keeps the mystery reveals flowing with a cracking end of ep moment. IMHO It's def well suited to Amblin.
Mintclub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 06:52 PM   #6
Alfred Parker
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintclub View Post
On a side note EXTANT is a really good spec that hits all the key beats and keeps the mystery reveals flowing with a cracking end of ep moment. IMHO It's def well suited to Amblin.
^^ Yes -- above all else, Fisher wrote a script that got a lot of people excited. Good to see a writer (whatever the path cuz there are many) find a way into the promised land with the right material.
Old 12-03-2013, 10:27 AM   #7
TypeWritten
New User

Loved Extant. I'll definitely be entering this as a friend of mine placed a year ago. Now he's actually working as a writer. February can't come soon enough.
TypeWritten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 10:45 AM   #8
CColoredClown

Quote:
Originally Posted by TypeWritten View Post
Loved Extant. I'll definitely be entering this as a friend of mine placed a year ago. Now he's actually working as a writer. February can't come soon enough.
Why Feb? It's open now.
CColoredClown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 10:56 AM   #9
TypeWritten
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CColoredClown View Post
Why Feb? It's open now.
Guess I'll enter now.

Does anyone know how many enter?
TypeWritten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 11:22 AM   #10
grumpywriter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TypeWritten View Post
Guess I'll enter now.

Does anyone know how many enter?
TWO MEN ENTER, ONE MAN LEAVE

Haha...

No idea. The Insider seems to prefer to keep this info. classified. Probably gets more competitive each year as the results of winning speak for themselves.
grumpywriter is offline   Reply With Quote