Click here for Done Deal Pro home page
Done Deal Pro Home Page

Go Back   Done Deal Pro Forums > About the Craft > Writing Exercises
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2015, 01:43 AM   #1
The Road Warrior

Default Old Christmas Writing 2015 Thread, see new....

This was the Old Christmas Writing thread, where we began our discussions, but we've moved, please continue here (link below) where we've set up the competition

http://messageboard.donedealpro.com/...006#post931006

THE CHRISTMAS/NEW YEAR WRITING COMPETITION 2015/2016

The first question: when?

Either a Christmas -- to -- New Year, "interregnum" contest.

Or...

a January -- it's so cold and I'm so bored New Year writing FRENZY.

The second question: how?

Okay... so we could go with a nourish tale of low life criminals and femme fatales and those pesky unreliable narrators or perhaps you would prefer... to write for an open contest.

Either comedy, crime, SF, or a genre of your own choosing?

The third question: why?

Hmmm... well.............perhaps because you just want revenge? You have slurped your Tomato Soup, have been hanging out with a Hell Dame or it's just that you're beginning to Unravel.

Either way. . .

you could do with some hard-bitten nasty scribbling to blow out your pipes.

Last edited by The Road Warrior : 11-24-2015 at 08:50 AM.
The Road Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 02:03 AM   #2
The Road Warrior

Default Re: Christmas/New Year Writing 2016

Please feel free to discuss this below: thoughts, preferences, timing, content and any other details.

If you would just like Derek and I (Karl) to set this up and tell you what to do and when to submit.... well then, that's just fine and dandy and we'll just go ahead and do it.

Old 11-02-2015, 10:45 AM   #3
Mpimentel
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Road Warrior View Post
Hmmm... well.............perhaps because you just want revenge? You have slurped your Tomato Soup, have been hanging out with a Hell Dame or it's just that you're beginning to Unravel.

I see, I see. lol

Count me in for whatever you guys do! I'd like the genre to be open as it would be cool to see how many ways people here can re-imagine the same season. But in any case I am in.

Is a month deadline too soon? I just want to write!!!!!
Episode 2 (African commercial)
Episode 3 (Brenda's rescue)
Mpimentel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 11:57 AM   #4
The Road Warrior

Yeah, "open" sounds good!

Come on folks, chip in, this is friendly, throw up some ideas, what would you like to write?

We offer a unique combination of "pain and pleasure" -- and it's all entirely free.

Discuss. Discuss. Discuss.

Last edited by The Road Warrior : 11-02-2015 at 01:00 PM.
Old 11-02-2015, 12:05 PM   #5
dpaterso

I just wanted to be included in this thread.
Old 11-02-2015, 12:10 PM   #6
The Road Warrior

Yeah, everybody get involved...

Last edited by The Road Warrior : 11-02-2015 at 12:37 PM.
Old 11-02-2015, 12:10 PM   #7
The Road Warrior

creatures, in the sea, things that swim, in jungles, in streams, in lakes that wish to eat you! Astronauts in space, astronauts encountering aliens, aliens visiting earth, on holiday, as part of an invasion, invitation, taking a few snaps. Aliens, everywhere. Errant types: errant cops, errant priests, errant traffic wardens, beat cops. Climbers, climbers on big mountains, climbers on climbing walls, climbers when they are not... climbing, reclining at home, until something happens, something big crashing into their living rooms! Crashes, spaceships, death-rays, asteroids, cars, especially cars, after car chases. Mall staff with chips, bad-a$$ supermarket workers with bad attitudes. Anybody with bad attitudes, tax collectors, tax collectors with guns, but without nuns. Taxi drivers, taxi drivers doing dangerous taxi-driving things, red lights, green lights, taking too much money in one day, taking it to the limits. Taking dead people where ever they wish to go. Dead people, I see dead people in mortuaries, grave yards, supermarkets. Hangars, big hangars, big airships, going places. Cattle markets, cattle attacking people, mutant cattle, mutant people, mutants everywhere -- taking over, fighting and angry people fighting everywhere, floor of malls, stock exchange floors, apartments, spilling out into the street. People going nuts, eating nuts, cracking nuts, fixing nuts in washing machines. Fights and noise, and lots of sound and light and fireworks and even more noise, fireworks in every scene, romance, love, yes -- lurve, finally lurve and people making love, or lurve. Couples falling out and fighting and throwing things at one another and then criminals, yes, criminals, doing criminal things, banks, hero-bank managers, doing heroic things, beating up criminals, and receiving big bonuses, still. Corruption, everybody corrupt and bad and...

Last edited by The Road Warrior : 11-02-2015 at 12:45 PM. Reason: nothing to declare
Old 11-02-2015, 12:54 PM   #8
Michel
New User

I am interested. However, the rest of this year is busy for me. Got a huge family reunion going on for Thanksgiving, and mid December heading to Mexico for a few weeks to visit family. So if I could get it in say the 2nd week of December before I leave that would work. Just let us know the game plan.
Michel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 01:04 PM   #9
The Road Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michel View Post
I am interested. However, the rest of this year is busy for me. Got a huge family reunion going on for Thanksgiving, and mid December heading to Mexico for a few weeks to visit family. So if I could get it in say the 2nd week of December before I leave that would work. Just let us know the game plan.
That all sounds great Michel. You're having a great end of year there. That's fine regarding your entry, if we can decide in next few days what to do you could leave an entry sitting in Derek's inbox, and we'll just pop it up when the competition runs. Hopefully we'll run a competition, but..... if Xmas is too busy for folks, then... we may go with early January 2016 after the season is over and it all goes rather quiet again... and cold... and grim... and when everybody is hungover... and a bit larger in frame.
Old 11-02-2015, 01:09 PM   #10
ewtaylor
Regular

I'm in again. Open genre with Christmas would probably be best, but whatever you guys decide.
ewtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote