Click here for Done Deal Pro home page
Done Deal Pro Home Page

Go Back   Done Deal Pro Forums > About the Craft > Writing Exercises
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-27-2015, 03:52 PM   #1
Southern_land

Default Halloween also rans (too late-too little)

Its been suggested that those of us who made an attempt at this years Halloween contest but stumbled; contribute our stunted gympy efforts
Yeah what the hell

Code:
KILLER ON THE ROAD EXT. SUBURBAN STREET - DAWN Macca wrappers lay sodden in the gutter. Rain flattened, sun faded, fourteen days of weather. The lawns are long, fourteen days growth. Its deserted, post zombie, end of the world, desolate. A lone mangy dog sniffs silently amongst accumulated debris. It turns and looks, then flees - from a faint noise. SQUEAK-SQUEAK Birds tweet. No motors run, no horns toot, no airplanes, no helicopters, not radios play. The SQUEAK-SQUEAK gets louder. A figure appears. He pushes a laden wheelbarrow. Grunting with effort. MULLER is tall, MAYBE good looking (once). His clothes are filthy, hair is lank and matted and he wears about a week's growth of salt and pepper beard. Even his glasses are dirty. A dribble of thick gooey saliva hangs from the corner of his mouth. A body lolls about in the wheelbarrow - no, there's an unconscious woman in the wheelbarrow, a nun. She groans. Her eyelids flutter. MULLER Shuddup Bitch! Muller shakes his head violently at the words, winces and squints. He trudges on. He reaches a corner and lowers the borrow. Eases the cramp from his fingers. He hears a noise and wheels around. A shambling figure edges closer, nervously, mumbling. A bald middle aged man. Muller shrieks! A banshee shriek, animal, not human. Surges forwards, hands clutch the air. Utter aggression. The newcomer runs away, trips, falls, rises, runs again. Gone. Muller circles the barrow. Once, twice, three times. Head jerking, looking, a gorilla strut, territorial. Sniffs the air. No new threats. He reaches his destination... EXT. AN ASYLUM - MORNING Several cars are outside. A Mercedes T-boned into a 4x4 Lexus. Blood smeared inside the cracked windscreen The woman on the wheel barrow shows increasing signs of consciousness. A slim pale hand moves to the side of her head, touching a bruise there. Muller sets down the barrow. Blinks, squints frowns, tries to formulate a plan. The woman opens her eyes... He pushes her aside in the wheelbarrow, grapes around for a while and pulls out a rubber mallet. THUD! She's unconscious, again. He drops the mallet on her. Briefly his gaze lingers on her full breasts, her grubby top is ripped and half open. His fingers slid down briefly, lingering... Licks his lips. MULLER No! No! ****ing No! Bad! Bad man! Stop! Stop! Dirty man! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Open palm he hits forehead, repeatedly: hard. He stops. He wheels the barrow to the ambulance entrance. Struggles against the incline. He stops, breathing heavily and unclenching his fists, trying to ease the cramp. Briefly he becomes lost in thought. Again his attention is drawn to the woman. Gaze hot and heavy. His breathing deepens. He licks his lips. He rubs his hands, He leans closer. His right hand falls to the front of his trousers - rubs... MULLER (CONT'D) No! No! NO!!!!! Bad! Bad! Wrong!!! Sorry lady, sorry. Mustn't, mustn't, mustn't! He hugs himself. Shakes, trembles. He stands and grabs the barrow again. INT. CLINIC - MOMENTS LATER Muller wheels the barrow in. Doors bang aside. With difficulty he pulls the woman's body from the barrow and dumps her on a gurney. He's strong enough, but his coordination is shot. For a long moment he just stares at her. A tear slips from one eye. It leaves a slick trail in the grime on his face. MULLER Sorry Lady, gotta, gotta. Need this, honest! He inspects the apparatus beside the gurney. Beside it are hand sketched pictures, simple, basic, laminated, smeared. He runs a filthy finger along the pictures. His lips mouth the few words. MULLER (CONT'D) Gotta do this. Using his teeth he tears open the woman's top, shredding the fabric. Again Confused he looks around. He hugs himself. Lost, afraid, conflicted. Fingers beat a tattoo on his other arm. He frets. His gaze falls on a knife, his fingers caress the blade. He mock strikes, the blade millimetres from her flesh. He grins and lines up again. MULLER (CONT'D) Huhzahhh! No no no no... **** **** ****! Hurls the knife away. He ties her feet together, then to the gurney. He labours over the simple buckles. Finally tilts the gurney. Head downwards, into a medical grade stainless steel trough. Then he looks for the knife. The edge caresses her throat. Suddenly he jerks it across and it bites through skins and flesh. Blood spurts out.

Last edited by Southern_land : 10-27-2015 at 04:10 PM.
Southern_land is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 03:53 PM   #2
Southern_land

Default Re: Halloween also rans (too late-too little)

And the second chunk

Code:
INT. ASYLUM SPEED SHOTS - CONTINUOUS The woman bleeds out. A death rattle. She dies. Seven bloody bottles are full. Muller fills seven messy looking 500ml vials, dark red blood. Child-like, Muller collects them in his arms. Dirty bloody fingers clutch the grimy bottles. He concentrates on not dropping them, his tongue slips from the corner of his mouth. INT. LABORATORY - CONTINUOUS Muller spills the vials onto tray, already smeared with dried blood. Carefully he pries open two vials and adds a fluid. He places the two vial into a centrifuge. The other five in the refrigerator. INT. CENTRIFUGE SHOTS - CONTINUOUS The centrifuge spins. Yellowish plasma separates from the blood. Muller stares at the apparatus with idiot intensity. The green lights flicks to red. The centrifuge runs down. INT. LABORATORY - CONTINUOUS He fits the plasma filled vials in a machine. Parts of the machine are high tech, other parts are held together with gaffer tape and wire. One part of the machine is labelled - dialysis. Muller reclines in a seat and lays his arms onto two armrests. Two tourniquets are automatically drawn tight. Muller whimpers like a child as an array of needles slide into his exposed flesh. Blood flows out crimson in the narrow plastic tubes, is cleaned, some is returned. Waste collected: a lot of waste is collected. Plasma flows in. Blood Ying and yang, balance. TIME MOVES ON. INT. LABORATORY - SOME TIME LATER Muller wakes. There is intelligence in his eyes at last. The needles automatically withdraw. Blood trickles down his arm. He staunches it with cotton wool. He rises, uncertainly, unsteadily. Beside the blood in the fridge is bottled water, he empties a bottle down his throat. He awakens the computer, checks the date and sets audio record. MULLER Thirteenth of June. Four days since my last cleanse. I... I almost didn't make it this time. Opens one of the blood vials and puts a dab on a slide. THROUGH THE MICROSCOPE - ...the blood looks terrible. The red blood cells are stifled by hairy looking grey balls twice their size. MULLER (V.O.) Her bloods shows all the signs. She was... It's... it's... the... INT. LABORATORY - CONTINUOUS He bangs his fist into his forehead. He runs to the computer and taps it into life again. Searches, a webpage loads. MULLER Which one of the five is least like the other four? Snake, the others are mammals. Which number should come next in the series? 1 - 1 - 2 - 3 - 5 - 8 - 13 Answer is 21... Which one of the five choices makes the best comparison? PEACH is to HCAEP as 46251 is to: Ummmm **** I know this... Ah! 15267 yeah! The expression of happiness slides to dull confusion. MULLER (CONT'D) Mary, is sixteen years old, is four times as old as her brother. How old will Mary be when she is twice as old as her brother? He will be... so if he's four then... If she's ... I mean when she's, so if she's sixteen now he must be... Soooooooooo. When.... If... ****! I USED TO HAVE A ****ING ID OF 147 for Christsake!!! He flings papers off the desk. Calms down. MULLER (CONT'D) Day twenty six. I am Doctor Wayne Muller. I am a viro-biologist. I am maybe humanity's last chance to stop this blood bourne disease... and I am now virtually a functional idiot. I can't even complete a simple IQ test let alone get a usable result. ****! For a moment he's silent. Tears trickle down his face. A dirty long index finger traces a pale blue vein in his wrist like a knife blade. MULLER (CONT'D) My blood's half plasma now, I'm exhausted... No wonder I can't think. He wipes tears away. His face hardens. His spine straightens. He hits record again. MULLER (CONT'D) I am Wayne Muller. I am a viro biologist. I have diminished capabilities but I am maybe humanity's last chance... I... Right now I am probably the most intelligent person left on this planet. I need to produce a vaccine... but I can't remember how. He stands and gazes at the equipment. Then to the corpse, pale and bloodless in the draining area. Muller returns to the woman's body. He hoists her off the gurney and back into the wheel barrow and wheels her... EXT. CLINIC SERVICE AREA - CONTINUOUS He dumps her body. Outside there are a dozen other bodies in various states of decomposition. Muller tries to ignore them, but can't stop a pained glance. CLICK! Muller spins. A man watches him. They maintain an uneasy distance. CYRUS You're brainy, still. You are! MULLER You're not. CYRUS I remember, I do, I remember... fuzzy. MULLER What did you do? CYRUS I... I... I fixed people, cut them. MULLER DOCTOR? YOU WERE A ****ING DOCTOR? CYRUS Guess, yes. MULLER I have to make you better. MULLER (CONT'D) I can't do it. CYRUS What? Kill people? MULLER Not until I'm in that state, then... its too late, a few more braincells die. CYRUS I can do it.
Loose idea was a walking dead time TV show. "R'tards" instead of zombies and the erstwhile protag unable to get the life supporting plasma or clean blood he required until the disease overwhelmed his auto immune system again... until he found Cyrus, serial killer and man unafraid of taking blood. Meh!

Southern_land is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 05:48 AM   #3
dpaterso

Well played, Southern. Why not indeed? In my case, too much. By the time I realized, too late.

Code:
Smoking Heart Part I OVER BLACK The sad MOAN of a lighthouse horn. INT. CELLAR ROOM - NIGHT Lucious scarlet lips SPIT. A tooth bounces on the floor. Pretty cheerleader STELLA is bound to a chair by her wrists and ankles. She glares defiantly at her tormentors... three NUNS. STELLA You girls are pussies. That the best you got? Nun #1 steps forward -- WHAM! she punches Stella hard. Stella's head lolls but when it comes up again she's smiling. STELLA Do your worst, bitch. All you're doing is making me cum. The Nuns look at each other. This isn't working. The door opens. FATHER MURPHY glares at Stella. FATHER MURPHY Has she given up her secrets? NUN #1 Not yet, Father. FATHER MURPHY We can't afford to waste any more time. Father Murphy takes a hip flask from his pocket and unscrews the top. STELLA Yeah, let's all have a drink! Nun #2 leans in close to Stella, confidential-like. NUN #2 Look. We know you're tough. We know you're protecting him because you love him. But don't you see how he's used you? He's already got the book. He doesn't care about you now. He's abandoned you-- Stella spits in her face! STELLA When our unholy master arises we shall become the whores of Satan. Our path to immortality is ordained. Nun #2 wipes her face with her sleeve. NUN #2 Jeez Louise, no need to be rude. FATHER MURPHY Step aside, Sister. Father Murphy shakes the flask so the liquid contents fall on Stella, who SCREAMS and shakes her head from side to side like a maniac. Before our very eyes, using the magic of film and smoke effects, Stella changes from a human into horrific ZOMBIE STELLA. She grins, showing huge fangs and dribbling saliva. Nun #2 clamps her hand over her mouth, omg it's horrible. FATHER MURPHY Abomination! Your true self stands revealed. STELLA You like what you see, Father? Step up, I'll give you a blow job. AN ALMIGHTY BANG from outside. Nun #3 rushes to the door and looks out. SCREAMING VOICES and RAPID FOOTSTEPS get louder. NUN #3 They've found us! FATHER MURPHY The Sixth Commandment is hereby suspended! Kill the ******s! The Nuns pull out automatics and charge outside. A VICIOUS GUN BATTLE commences off camera, punctuated by screams. Father Murphy looks down at Stella. FATHER MURPHY Your last chance to seek forgiveness, my child. Will you tell me where he is? Stella opens her mouth wide and flickers her tongue. STELLA You know you want it. FATHER MURPHY May God have mercy upon your soul. Father Murphy pulls out an automatic and before Stella can do anything he shoots her in the head, BAM. Her chair topples back, taking her down to the floor with it. Father Murphy spins as several blood-spattered ZOMBIE CHEERLEADERS burst into the cellar and charge at him. FATHER MURPHY Dear God in Heaven-- CRASH CUT TO BLACK The sad MOAN of a lighthouse horn. EXT. CITY MORGUE - NIGHT A sign over the entrance reads: MEAN CITY MORGUE INT. MORGUE CUTTING ROOM - NIGHT A body lies on the table, covered with a white sheet. Judging from its outline it's a woman. DETECTIVE JERRY DONNER and MEDICAL EXAMINER BO NILES are in attendance. Donner leans against the wall. He's seen it all, nothing upsets him any more. He puts a cancer stick between his lips and flicks his lighter. NILES Jesus Christ Donner I told you a thousand times, no smoking in here. Niles lifts the middle of the sheet so Donner can see what's under there. Donner fumbles and drops his cigarette, shocked by the spectacle. NILES As your keen sense of observation will tell you, Detective-- DONNER Holy ****, I could drive a 1968 Dodge Charger through her chest cavity. What happened, she fall into industrial machinery? NILES More like a surgical violation. Someone took an electric saw and peeled her open. Removed her heart, which is a nice touch. DONNER I preferred my industrial machinery theory. Human organ black marketeers, you think? NILES Could be, but why didn't they take her liver, kidneys and lungs, too? Oh and there's this. Niles lays a ziploc bag on top of the sheet. Donner leans close. Inside the ziploc there's a blood-soaked piece of yellow paper, looks like, covered in markings. DONNER Laundry list? NILES I have no idea. Rather than wasting three hours waiting for you to respond to my urgent call, I took a pic and sent it to the criminology lab. I'm hoping they can identify the language, maybe run a translation. DONNER ****in' lab rats, man. NILES Yeah, I know, they keep screwing up your cases with their damn scientific evidence, it must be a bitch. DONNER Why's a piece of paper important? NILES It was tucked into her chest cavity. Maybe it's a receipt, who knows? DONNER So what do you want me to do? Niles points to another table, where a leather purse lies inside another ziploc bag. NILES Rifle through her purse, take whatever money you find, think about tracking down her family, her friends. Ask them questions. When did you last see her, who was she with, what was she doing. Do you know anyone who would want to cut her heart out. Like that. Didn't they cover this on the online detective course? Donner fixes Niles with a look that should make his head go boom. DONNER Ten'll get you twenty it was her jealous boyfriend, high on drugs. Played a sex game that went wrong. NILES I cannot even imagine what that sex game would be. DONNER You never played "doctor and nurse" before? NILES Not like this, no! DONNER Anything happen to her down below? Donner goes to lift the sheet so he can eyeball the victim's crotch but Niles slaps his hand away. NILES If anything else comes up, I'll let you know. EXT. CITY MORGUE - NIGHT Donner is about to light a cigarette-- A WEREWOLF leaps at him from the shadows, howling. Donner has his gun out in a split second but the Werewolf, some idiot wearing a wolf mask and furry gloves, is already bounding along the street, looking for his next scare victim. WEREWOLF Happy Halloween, mother******! DONNER *******. Donner flicks his lighter, lights his cigarette. The sad MOAN of a lighthouse horn. EXT. CEMETERY - NIGHT Mist crawls between old tombstones. A rotating light briefly illuminates ANTON DEES, devilishly handsome, wearing an expensive suit. Dees opens the big leather-bound book he's carrying and turns the ornately decorated pages. DEES It is time to summon our dark master to this world. ZOMBIE CHEERLEADERS converge from all directions and form a circle around Dees. DEES Bring forth the blood of a virgin. He gives the cheerleaders a stern look. DEES I was tres disappointed that none of you ladies could provide this essential item, by the way. The cheerleaders all look kinda embarrassed. One cheerleader steps forward and holds a human heart over the book. She squeezes it. Blood dribbles out, onto the pages. STOCK FOOTAGE - CLOUDS RUSH PAST A FULL MOON. DEES All Hallow's Eve. When the barriers between realms become thin mist, when forbidden bridges may be crossed. Arise, our fetid master. Enter our world and receive our worship. He places the book on the ground, with the bloody heart on top, and steps back so he's with the cheerleaders. Smoke rises from the book pages! Dees is delighted by this. DEES I knew it would work! I knew it! All those years crawling through catacombs like Indiana Jones, fighting off giant rats and spiders. Totally worth it. INT. DONNER'S CAR (MOVING) - NIGHT Donner's phone rings, he answers while driving, this is illegal but **** it, he's a cop who lives by his own rules. DONNER Hey. INTERCUT with Niles in the morgue, at a computer. NILES Got a reply from the lab. It's old Carpathian. DONNER Be good if I knew what that meant. NILES Think Eastern Europe, several centuries ago. Someone ripped a page out of a book that must be worth a fortune to any antiques dealer, and stuffed it into the cadaver after they removed the heart. Why? DONNER Because they're ****in' nuts? NILES The page details some kind of, I don't know, a religious ceremony, I suppose you'd call it. Not the kind the church likes to advertise. Something forbidden. It comes with a really impressive warning. DONNER Uh-huh. You're killin' me here, Bo. Talk sense. NILES Okay, this ceremony, if I'm understanding it right, and I hope to God I'm not, it involves a sacrifice, a blood sacrifice, someone has to die. DONNER You're telling me you think some nutjob killed that stiff on the table-- NILES I know it sounds insane but, you know, I'm looking at this and I'm thinking, what if, what if whoever killed her, and cut out her heart, what if they were following these instructions? You know how crazy people become around Halloween. DONNER Is that even a thing? Do more people die horrible deaths around Halloween? NILES Well, it's been my experience-- DONNER What can you tell me, Bo? I need something useful. NILES A place of the dead. That's what it says. I think. The translation is kind of loose. DONNER No kidding, it's as loose as my ex- wife's silk panties. Donner's headlights illuminate a sign, MEAN CITY CEMETERY NEXT RIGHT DONNER Lemme check something out. I'll call you back. Donner hangs up. EXT. ROAD - NIGHT Donner's car approaches... slows... takes a turn into a side road. INT. DONNER'S CAR (MOVING) - NIGHT Donner's headlights illuminate another sign, WELCOME TO MEAN CITY CEMETERY DONNER A place of the dead... EXT. CEMETERY - NIGHT The lighthouse horn MOANS again. DEES I really wish someone would turn that dreadful noise off! Thicker smoke rises from the book lying on the ground. Sparks of light appear. Dees signals to a cheerleader, she brings a cushion which she places on the ground. Dees kneels down on this. He raises his hands above his head in worship and bows. DEES Hail to thee, dark lord! Step forth and bring chaos to our world! Donner steps out from between tombstones, his gun ready. Dees freezes with his hands in the air as if he's surrendering. DONNER That's exactly where I want you, pal. If you move, I will shoot you in the face.
Old 10-28-2015, 05:48 AM   #4
dpaterso

Code:
Smoking Heart Part II Dees just smiles. Donner becomes aware of something happening nearby. He slowly turns his head and looks. A sinister demon figure with horns stands over the glowing book. It stares at Donner with glowing eyes and grins. DONNER Nice costume, d!ckhead. Hands up or I'll shoot. DEES Fool, you cannot harm our dark master. Dees signals to the zombie cheerleaders. Kill him! The cheerleaders advance on Donner, all fangs and claws. DONNER Hold it right there. You ladies so much as... Donner examines the cheerleaders more closely... and has a moment of realization. ****. DONNER I said hold it! They ignore him and keep advancing. Donner hesitates, unable to shoot. They grapple with him, he struggles to break free. The lighthouse horn MOANS again and the powerful light sweeps across the cemetery, it illuminates the horned demon who shields his eyes, repulsed by the light. With a ROAR, Donner breaks free of the cheerleader horde and dives for the book. Ends up on the ground, just out of reach. The demon looks down at him. Grins hugely. Reaches for him with a nasty claw. Donner flicks his lighter and chucks it at the book, which IGNITES SPECTACULARLY. The demon screams and swells and pops like a balloon. Silence. Broken by the MOAN of the lighthouse horn. Dees stares despondently at the book as it burns to ash. DEES Oh no. Oh, no. The zombie cheerleaders are human again. They look at each other, confused. Where are we, what happened? Donner pushes himself up. Dusts himself down. DONNER That went well. He shows his badge to everyone. DONNER Anybody want to spend a night in the cells? No? Then beat it. The cheerleaders run off into the night. Dees gets up off the cushion. DONNER Not you. DEES Exactly what are you going to charge me with, officer? Donner gives the smoking heart a tap with his shoe. DONNER We got a stiff in the morgue that's missing one of those. Let's start with Murder One. Donner lights a smoke. DONNER Car's that way. Move it. DEES I hope you're not going to smoke in the car. DONNER Oh boy, am I. They trudge off camera. Hold on the smoking heart. The heart pulses! BAH-DUMP. FADE OUT
Old 10-29-2015, 09:01 AM   #5
dpaterso

This would have been Kathy C's entry, alas it went to the wrong address and we didn't find out in time.

Code:
Spider Gates FADE IN: EXT. DUSTY ROAD - LEICESTER MASSACHUSETTS - NIGHT A rusted out, Hooptie rollin' - tail pipe draggin', 1968 Dodge, pulls up in front of a cemetery with gates shaped like spiders. Headlights shine on a sign at the entrance that reads: SPIDER GATES LEICESTER MASSACHUSETTS. Underneath in smaller print: NO ENTRANCE AFTER DARK. Out of the car, teenagers emerge and look around. BOBBY, football team captain, young god handsome, golden hair, blue eyes, is the driver. From the passengers side, SAMANTHA, his date, a pert, blonde cheerleader, with the best nose and enhanced frontal assets a daddy could buy. From the back seat, come Bobby's buddies, JASON and MIKE. Bookends, one skinny tall, the other linebacker heavy, neither one ever quite got rid of that acne. BOBBY So Jason, this it? Doesn't look like a big deal to me. JASON Ya. This girl that came into the Burger Palace said this place is wicked haunted Bro. MIKE Well let's hope the cops don't show up. Bobby cocks his head at them with a "get lost over there" motion. Samantha looks at him and Bobby stops and smiles. Jason and Mike get the message. JASON Umm... ah... I think I gotta take a piss. Me and Mike will be over there. Somewhere. Motions to Mike and thumbs toward the bushes. SAMANTHA Whatever. I'm getting back in the car. It's cold. Can't believe you dragged me out here for this bullshit, Bobby. INT. HOOPTIE CAR - NIGHT They get back in the car. Bobby reaches for Samantha. Tries to pull her close and nuzzles her neck... pulls on her low cut blouse. She pushes him away. Shrugs, crosses her arms, petulant. BOBBY Samantha baby! What's the problem? It's Halloween. Thought you'd like it out here. SAMANTHA The problem? You drag me out here with those two ass clowns in tow. Thought you wanted to spend time with me. BOBBY I do baby. (tries to nuzzle her neck again) SAMANTHA And this is your idea of romantic? A cemetery? BOBBY Not just any cemetery, Sammy, this is the famous Spider Gates. It's certified haunted. Thought it might have like... atmosphere. SAMANTHA Really? Atmosphere? And who certified it? Some nit-wit at the Burger Palace? A BREEZE comes up outside the car. LEAVES RUSTLE and roll across the graves. THUNDER rolls in the distance. Samantha watching from the open window, pulls her sweater closer around her. Shivers. Rolls up the window a little. Looks at Bobby with the faintest touch of apprehension. SAMANTHA (CONT'D) You think it's safe out here? I've heard stories about murders. Bobby pulls her in closer again and rubs her arms. BOBBY Course it is Sammy baby. All that stuff about the Bloody Claw is just a legend. She looks at him nervous and then moves a little closer. SAMANTHA Bloody Claw? BOBBY Ya. There was this dude named Nate Smith. He was born here in 17.. I don't know... somethin'. Joined up in the Revolution. British cannonball blew Nate's hand off at Bunker Hill. SAMANTHA Got his hand blown off? BOBBY Yup. Clean off. So they make him this pewter claw with little curved hooks for fingers. He could rip the throats right outta them Brits with one swipe. SAMANTHA Eeeew! BOBBY Story goes, he loved a girl named Becky. A no good tavern wench. Married him for his soldiers pay, then carried on with any drunkard that would give her a coin at the tavern. SAMANTHA What kind of major ho-bag does that to a Vet? BOBBY So Ole Nate, finally gets a leave. Comes home on All Hallows Eve to see her and finds her in bed with another man. Goes BATSHIT crazy. He stops to let the tension mount. BOBBY (CONT'D) And he claws out their throats with his metal claw. Towns folk found him crazy and crying over Becca's body. Knowing he's done murder, they bring him out here to Spider Gates and hang him from that tree... right over there! Bobby points out of the windshield at a tree by wall of the cemetery. TWO SCREAMING BODIES, LAND WRITHING, on top of the windshield right where he's pointing. EXT. HOOPTIE CAR - NIGHT Samantha SCREAMS and jumps out of the car and starts to run. She hears them all LAUGHING and turns around realizing it's just Jason and Mike. SAMANTHA You *******S! She swats at them with her purse. They get back in. DOORS SLAM. The guys holding their sides LAUGHING. She's still fuming, embarrassed. BACK INSIDE CAR SAMANTHA Not funny you idiots. JASON Can't believe you bought it. MIKE That was great! They quiet down for a minute. The wind picks up outside again. SAMANTHA So what's the rest of the story? BOBBY (still chuckling) The rest of the story? Oh ya. Composes himself. BOBBY (CONT'D) Well the townsfolk buried him outside this cemetery by the side of the road near that tree. Outside of the grace of God because of his sin. And on All Hallows Eve, he comes back. SAMANTHA Back? BOBBY Ya. Seems Nate was kind of pissed about that no trial thing. So he seeks revenge on the people of Leicester for his hanging. His victims been found out here their throats clawed out. But they NEVER FIND THE CLAW! SAMANTHA Hmmm. And this was... what? Your idea of a romantic evening? Wow. Thank you Stephen King. From the backseat. JASON Ya. Blood must feed the claw!!! MIKE Boo- Hoo- Hooooo! They sit for a moment. Sipping on beers. Then a TWIG SNAPS. They all look at each other and look out the windows. BOBBY Don't be silly. Any of ya. It's nothin'. Another SNAP! A shadow crosses the front of the windshield. SAMANTHA What was that? EXT. BACK OF CAR The THUNDER a little closer now. A FLASH of lightening illuminates the license plate. A mist rolls in around the bottom of the car and rises slowly to cover to cover the windows while the kids look out wide eyed. BACK TO SCENE INSIDE CAR A SCRAPING sound on the trunk. The car suddenly ROCKS side to side. They all SCREAM! SAMANTHA Is this some more **** you guys are pulling? Because it's not... A claw dripping blood, suddenly SLAMS and SCRAAAPES down the side of Samantha's window. Hooks into her partially opened window, reaches in and CLAWS her shoulder. Then pulls out and grabs the door handle when she pulls away. They all SCREAM in panic. JASON What the **** man! Get outta here. Bobby in shock at first... the CAR RUMBLES as he starts it. Puts it in gear. TIRES SQUEAL scrubbing out down the dirt road. Sheer panic in the car. JASON AND MIKE Holy **** man! Get us out of here! Samantha, CRYING, covers her wound with her shirt. Bobby looks over at her. BOBBY We'll get help. God! I'm so sorry Sam. What the **** was that? SERIES OF SHOTS The Hooptie speeds off down the dark stormy road away from the mist. The rain is falling now. They make it to the highway and barrel-ass toward town. They race by a COP parked behind a tree. Cruiser lights come on and SIREN WAILS as he pulls out chasing them. The kids pull over and stop. The cop, stops behind them, gets out. His FLASHLIGHT CLICKS on. JACK BOOTS CRUNCH gravel as he approaches the car. Flashlight shines on the license plate. A SCRAPING SOUND makes him move over toward passenger side. He shines the flashlight... then stops. The cops face registers the shock of what he sees. Cop turns and walks quickly around to drivers side. Leans into the open window. INT. HOOPTIE CAR - NIGHT BOBBY Officer. Thank God you're here. My girlfriend's been hurt... COP (cuts him off) I want you kids out of the car now! The boys emerge out the drivers side doors. Samantha reaches for her door handle. COP (CONT'D) Not you Miss. I want you to come out this way. She lets go of the handle. EXT. DUSTY ROAD - NIGHT The boys are out now, standing near the back of the car. The cop looks at them and quickly turns back to car to face Samantha. Around their feet the mist rises slowly. COP Miss... come out this way. POV Back of Samantha's head through the drivers side window as she moves toward cop. PULL BACK to show what the cop saw... the bloody hook hanging off the drivers side door. The hook wobbles and falls off. BACK TO SCENE A SOFT METALLIC SOUND... like a knife cutting through raw meat... briefly makes the cop look over his right shoulder. He can no longer see the boys in the mist. He reaches into the car again. COP (CONT'D) Miss! This way quickly! As Samantha moves toward the door, the cop is snatched up into the air... then O.S. SCREAMING. Samantha tries to pull back into the car SCREAMS as a claw, dripping blood, attached to a tattered 18th century sleeve, hooks into her leg and SLOWLY drags her terrified to the door. EXT. DUSTY ROAD - EARLY NEXT MORNING Multiple cruisers, ambulances to transport the dead are at the previous nights scene. CAPT. JONES surveys the carnage as workers in white jumps suits and blue gloves load the bodies into bags. Another COP, whose name tag reads JOHNSON, approaches him. COP JOHNSON Captain Jones? I looked sir. He didn't even get a chance to unhook the holster to grab his gun. What is this... some kind of serial killer? CAPT. JONES Every time it happens, we've never been able to get a solid clue as to who is. Girls' father called it in when she didn't come home. Never even got a radio call from the officer. COP JOHNSON Must have all gone down too fast. Don't know what else we can do to keep people away from here. CAPT. JONES Well. Better go deliver the news. As they walk toward the cruisers, their voices fade to MURMURS and images blur. Across the road at the base of the Hanging Tree, a few LEAVES RUSTLE and BLOW over to reveal the single hooked tip of the bloody claw receding slowly into the ground. SIGN OVER BLACK: UNTIL NEXT TIME FADE OUT.
Old 11-01-2015, 05:02 AM   #6
The Road Warrior

I think this spill-over idea has worked out quite well. I was unable to vote this time so have all of the entries to read.

Life denied me the time to get a wholesome read-through in. I'll undertake one in spare moments.