Click here for Done Deal Pro home page

Done Deal Pro Home Page

Go Back   Done Deal Pro Forums > Business > Producers, Production Companies, Studios & Networks
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2011, 09:56 PM   #1
The Next Big Ching
User

Default Someone who subscribes to inktip's newsletter, please help me out here...

I no longer subscribe to inktip's newsletter as I find the $50 too expensive for what you get.

There have been 2 postings that are very well suited to scripts that I've written, so if someone can please post/message me the codes, that would be greatly appreciated!

From scripts wanted 570:

"Company A
We are looking for completed feature-length drama scripts which feature a male lead character in his 40s or 50s. Material submitted should be about an older person coming of age, or more correctly, coming to terms with who he’s become, i.e. something in the vein of “Lost in Translation” or “Crazy Heart.”

Budget will not exceed $5 million. WGA and non-WGA writers may submit, although if you are a WGA member, please say so in the personal message space when pitching.

From Scripts Wanted 569:
We are looking for completed feature-length romantic comedy scripts by Canadian writers. Submissions should have a positive or upbeat ending, i.e. something in the vein of “500 Days of Summer,” “The Artist,” “High Fidelity,” “Jerry McGuire,” or “Notting Hill.”

Budget will not exceed $5 million. WGC and non-WGC writers may submit.

IF you could help me out with this, that'd be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 12-24-2011, 08:47 AM   #2
Ravenlocks

Default Re: someone who subscribes to inktip's newsletter, please help me out here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Next Big Ching View Post
I no longer subscribe to inktip's newsletter as I find the $50 too expensive for what you get.
If you choose not to subscribe, you choose to pass up the leads available to paying subscribers. That's the tradeoff.
Old 12-24-2011, 10:38 AM   #3
Aspirant

Default Re: Someone who subscribes to inktip's newsletter, please help me out here...

So, you're looking for someone to help you rip off InkTip -- am I reading this correctly? You want some stranger who paid for the service to enable you to avoid paying for it, so you can reap the benefits for free?

No offense, but your post pretty neatly encapsulates what's wrong with our society.
Old 12-25-2011, 12:11 PM   #4
EscapeFL
User

Default Re: Someone who subscribes to inktip's newsletter, please help me out here...

So, it could be worth $50, couldn't it? LA
Old 12-25-2011, 12:58 PM   #5
snowman
User

If you post a script on their site for 60 you get the newsletter for 25 dollars so you can get in twice usually for newsletter for 25 bucks in that six month period so you might want to do that.

snowman
Old 12-25-2011, 03:21 PM   #6
The Next Big Ching
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspirant View Post
So, you're looking for someone to help you rip off InkTip -- am I reading this correctly? You want some stranger who paid for the service to enable you to avoid paying for it, so you can reap the benefits for free?

No offense, but your post pretty neatly encapsulates what's wrong with our society.
Oh for fvck's sake, when I used to subscribe I'd give other people leads who need it. I'm not the first one to make a post like this. I used to subscribe when I was more financially sound, and when someone who was strapped for cash needed a lead, I helped the person out, because as someone who can afford it at the time, I liked the idea of helping other writers out who were not as privledged as I was.

We're all writers, struggling in a tough industry. All I'm asking for is a little help right now. Isn't that what this board is for? For writers to help each other out?

If someone can help me out here, please PM me the details. That's what I've done in the past. But I don't need your judgement. My post "encapsulates what's wrong with society"? "No offense" but your post neatly encapsulates all the nuances and shadings of the self righteous pretentious douchebag you are. And you're a total square, let's not forget that too. That may seem offensive, but seeing that I said, "No offense", I suppose that makes things okay. Right? For future reference, don't be a pvssy and hide behind "No offensing" people.

The other posts in this thread are fine, but this one reeked of such douchebaggery I had to say something.

Last edited by The Next Big Ching : 12-25-2011 at 04:15 PM.
Old 12-25-2011, 06:03 PM   #7
snowman
User

Most of the time I notice if the producers dont find what they are looking for they post the it on info list and list it for anyone to respond, so give it a few weeks and it will probably be on it as it is a genre which probably not too many writers have in their arsenal?

snowman
Old 12-25-2011, 09:07 PM   #8
streaker12345
Regular

Okay Aspariant, have a chill pill. Jesus, it's just another fellow writer looking for a little help and as usual we have a "STIFFLER" who does everything by the books. If I had that info I would give it to you but I don't.
Old 12-26-2011, 12:50 AM   #9
The Next Big Ching
User

Thank you Streaker. So I'm not the only one who's really annoyed by that response.
Old 12-26-2011, 09:50 AM   #10
Aspirant

So, let me see if I've got this straight, NBC. You're offended and indignant, to the point of unleashing a juvenile, profanity-laced tirade, because someone questioned the propriety of your blatantly trying to undermine someone else's business? You're actually "annoyed" by that? Amazing. Rarely do you see self-indulgent cluelessness on such a grand scale.

And it's somehow a point in your favor that you've been on the other side of it, as well, previously "helping out" another non-subscriber who wanted to get leads from InkTip for free? Is that supposed to even things out? Not so much for InkTip, which loses in each instance.

The most shameless thing about your response (admittedly, a difficult choice) is that you posit yourself as the hero of this story -- a poor writer struggling to get by. Never mind that in your original post all you said was that you didn't think a subscription to InkTip was worth $50, not that you couldn't afford the $50. Basically, you just don't feel like paying. Has it even occurred to you that, especially in today's economy, those who run small companies like InkTip need customers to buy their services in order to stay afloat? That InkTip's entire business model depends on writers paying for the potentially valuable leads that they've been able to obtain? Or do you think InkTip is run by multi-millionaires who don't really care if people like you cheat them out of a measly $50?

By your logic, maybe what we should do is just get one benevolent InkTip subscriber to post all the codes here on Done Deal each week, so all of us struggling writers can be "helped" -- at least until InkTip goes out of business. I assume you wouldn't have a problem with this, since in your original request, you actually had the nerve to suggest that, as an alternative to a PM, the InkTip codes could be publicly posted right in the thread. Think how many people could benefit from that!

Just as an aside, writers probably have to agree not to share codes with non-subscribers when they sign up for InkTip, which means that anyone who does so is breaching the agreement, if that troubles anybody at all. And do you really believe that the people who host Done Deal would be pleased to know that their site is being used in this fashion? Or do you not care about what they think, either? As soon as this thread comes to their attention, I imagine they'll have something to say about it. Perhaps you'll no longer be with us after that.

Streaker: I've read some of your prior posts and I think you're usually pretty reasonable, but I believe you're on the wrong side of this one.
Closed Thread