Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abrams Artists Signs WGA CoC

Finally some movement. Looks like THR got the jump on Deadline...

https://deadline.com/results/#?q=Abr...20of%20conduct

Not a big four, but that's prolly a pipe dream anyway.
    Last edited by finalact4; 01-29-2020, 12:49 PM.
    "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy b/c you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." -- Edward Snowden

Re: Abrams Artists Signs WGA CoC

https://deadline.com/2019/11/the-rot...nt-1202789333/

Dominoes starting to fall a little faster now. Gersh, APA, and/or Paradigm probably the next three moving up the ladder.

Comment

so nice to see some progress. two cancelled IPOs and two new CoC franchises, signed. well done, WGA.
      "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy b/c you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." -- Edward Snowden

Comment

I don't know if this is out there on social media but it sounds like they are going to sign the code soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Satriales View Post
          I don’t know if this is out there on social media but it sounds like they are going to sign the code soon.
          umm, are you talking about Abrams? Because they signed back in November. Or did you mean someone else, perhaps? did you mean that Gersh, Paradigm and APA? if so, that'd be a big move, no?

Comment

Originally posted by finalact4 View Post
            umm, are you talking about Abrams? Because they signed back in November. Or did you mean someone else, perhaps? did you mean that Gersh, Paradigm and APA? if so, that'd be a big move, no?
            Sorry, I was posting at a red light. Gersh sounds like they are signing soon. Is what I was told by someone there today. So who knows...but that's what they seem to think.

Comment

Gersh and Paradigm at least talking to the WGA. APA can't as the head of APA is also the head of the ATA.

Comment

I heard the Gersh/Paradigm buzz from my WGA friend last month as well. At least as far as one of them is concerned, she thought the sticking point was the CoC's salary disclosure requirements to the guild. Which, if complied with, would in turn reveal information to the guild members, i.e., their clients, that the agency would strongly prefer the client not discover.

Comment

ah, a very good sign.

Comment

Originally posted by Northbank View Post
                    Gersh and Paradigm at least talking to the WGA. APA can't as the head of APA is also the head of the ATA.
                    Everyone is talking to the WGA except WME, although we have no idea how close to a deal anyone is (save for Gersh).

Comment

Got Gersh

https://deadline.com/2020/01/gersh-d...ga-1202834120/

Paradigm next?

Comment

Originally posted by Satriales View Post
                        Sorry, I was posting at a red light. Gersh sounds like they are signing soon. Is what I was told by someone there today. So who knows...but that's what they seem to think.
                        Going to pull my shoulder out of its socket Barry Horowitz'ing myself.
                        https://thumbs.gfycat.com/OfficialSn...ie-max-1mb.gif

Comment

Originally posted by JoeBanks View Post
                          they should, unless they want their clients going to Gersh.

wonder what the naysayers will say now?

it's gotta burn the big guys, knowing that Gersh will be able to package until two of them sign-- which could give Gersh a competitive edge in cannibalizing their (other ATA agencies) previous client base.

if there's a deluge of writers signing, Gersh may also be able to entice mid-tier agents to move from the big four in a bid to secure their futures.

it'll be interesting to see how long it takes for the next move to happen. pretty sure everyone is waiting for Pardigm to make their move.
                          Last edited by finalact4; 01-17-2020, 12:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by finalact4 View Post
                            if there's a deluge of writers signing, Gersh may also be able to entice mid-tier agents to move from the big four in a bid to secure their futures.

it'll be interesting to see how long it takes for the next move to happen. pretty sure everyone is waiting for Pardigm to make their move.
                            I haven't talked to my friends who are more in the loop but presumably there is still that cadre of agents at WME who got stiffed by Ari's botched IPO and who knowledgeable people expected to break away after bonus season? That could be another shoe that others are still waiting to see if it actually drops before making big moves.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeBanks View Post
                              I haven't talked to my friends who are more in the loop but presumably there is still that cadre of agents at WME who got stiffed by Ari's botched IPO and who knowledgeable people expected to break away after bonus season? That could be another shoe that others are still waiting to see if it actually drops before making big moves.
                              The only thing that might prevent a flood of "jumping ship," is if WME tied "contingencies" to their bonuses, like, you cannot leave within 6 months of your payout or it's forfeit.

I'm not sure that's legal, but they would have foreseen the possible risk of the IPO failing. I would also bet, upper management has a plan that few are privy to except those at the very top.

Mid-tier agents and below, should, at the very least, have a healthy suspicion of their (upper management) long term motivations-- because one thing is certain, the upper echelon will be the ONLY ones protected.

Comment

Working...
                              X