Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody got the new/improved FD Font?

I read somewhere on the FD site that there is a "new, improved" font with the new version 7. I am perfectly happy with FD6 but am not in love with its font. Could anybody send me a link to the font or email it to me? PM to get my email address.

Thanks!

Re: Anybody got the new/improved FD Font?

New improved font? They must be getting desperate.

If you download the trial, the "new improved" font, if it exists, will be installed.
    The Complete IfilmPro DEVELOPMENT FORUM (PDF)

Comment

the improved font looks exactly the same as the old one. the difference is for the printer: some characters are darker...

Comment

Actually, that can't be true. A buddy of mine just sent me a script he wrote with the new font. I opened up my own script and compared the pdf's. They looked different at page width view -- his looked better, though I couldn't figure out why. I zoomed to 400% and it was revealed -- my courierfinaldraft has squared edges while his is rounder. Also his periods and hyphens were darker.
        Makes a real difference even zoomed back out to entire page view. Soooo, anybody got it and willing to send?

Comment

I figured it out. It's because Final Draft 6 doesn't embed the font in the pdf it creates. I looked again at his pdf and mine. His had embedded fonts and mine didn't. This time, I created the pdf using the full version of Adobe Acrobat. Huge difference. My computer isn't using a default-generic courier, now it is using the proper font. Weird. Is there any way to "force" Final Draft 6 to embed a font in the pdf's it creates?

Comment

I find there to be virtually no difference between the old FD font and the new FD font other than supposedly on some printers the old font printed lighter than it should have so the new font is supposed to have fixed that so it will print darker.

FD used to make their fonts available for free to download. Not any more.

You can get the FD6 font by downloading the FD viewer which will install the FD font in your font folder when it installs the viewer. You can then use that font for any application.

The new FD font can only be had by installing FD7.

ETA:

The font used by FD7 is the same as the font used in FD6 and the same as the font installed on your computer when you install the FD6 viewer.

The "old" font is the font that came with FD5.

To get the "new" FD font, if you already have FD 5 you can go to the download section and get it. If you don't have a registered copy of FD 5 and still want it you can just download the FD6 viewer in the download section.

Last edited by Deus Ex Machine; 07-07-2006, 09:59 AM.
            Fortune favors the bold - Virgil

Comment

Working...
            X