No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions regarding a phone pitch

Hello all,

I know the whole pitching thing has been covered several times and I've read the posts on www.twoadverbs.com regarding what a pitch should contain, but I can't help but wonder...does the same apply to phone pitching? Or is it generally a more condensed pitch since you aren't there in person.

I have the opportunity to discuss some ideas I'm working on with a producer who liked one of my scripts on a phone pitch soon and I was curious to know if it's acceptable to go into a conversation like this without having every last detail of the story ironed-out or would that just be perceived as being unprepared? My guess is it's a no-no but would love to hear your responses.

Also...any other pitch pointers that were ever left off or forgotten would be appreciated, guys.

Thanks
    Santino

Re: Questions regarding a phone pitch

If you're pitching a completed project during a cold call, short n' pithy is the way to do it. Give them a few lines that will (hopefully) pique their interest. Phone time is a valuable commodity to these peeps, so don't monopolize it.

In regard to your second situation, just be honest with the producer and say that these are merely ideas you've been tossing around in your head. You tell him / her that, it should get you off the hook for not knowing every beat that comes along. What's important here is, like the above situation, getting them hooked on the premise and wanting to hear / read more.

Bottom line: always leave 'em wanting more! Good luck.

Comment

Re: Questions regarding a phone pitch

Get in touch with kidcharlemagne. He's da boss of the phone pitch.

Comment

Working...
      X