Done Deal Pro Home Page

Go Back   Done Deal Pro Forums > Business > Business Questions and Advice
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2015, 06:06 PM   #1
ManbunShiva
User

Default Meeting blown off..

Hi guys,

So I'm not quite sure how I should feel. I had a manager show interest AND this person proposed a Skype meeting for today (don't live in LA but am in CA).
The time came and went and I didn't get any email/call from her as to why it didn't happen.

Is this person professional? Should I bother following up? Am a jolly mix of pissed, disappointed and confused. Any encouraging words or advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
ManbunShiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 07:02 PM   #2
Centurio

Default Re: Meeting blown off..

Why wouldn't you follow-up professionally and see what happened? There's no downside to it.
Old 12-05-2015, 07:27 PM   #3
ManbunShiva
User

True, Centurio. Just sent a short note asking what happened and if she'd be rescheduling. Was wondering if this has happened to anyone else..
UPDATE: Manager fractured her toe and meeting had slipped her mind. She just sent an email and rescheduled for next week. How dramatic. Hollywood, baby!

Last edited by ManbunShiva : 12-06-2015 at 01:54 AM.
Old 12-06-2015, 03:34 PM   #4
DangoForth

Oh, yeah, the age old "fractured toe" fallback excuse. Boy, if I had a nickel for every time I heard that... .

Just kidding. As NASA used to say, "Hubble happens".
Things happen to everyone, even in Hollywood. Glad to hear you're moving forward!
DangoForth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 08:52 AM   #5
grumpywriter

Welcome to Hollywood

Until I actually have a SIGNED contract WITH MONEY BEHIND IT on the table, I always just assume that whomever I'm currently corresponding with for whatever reason will, at some point in the process -- could be after one phone call, could be after drinks, after going on a camping trip with his family -- disappear.
grumpywriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 01:08 PM   #6
CthulhuRises

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpywriter View Post
Welcome to Hollywood

Until I actually have a SIGNED contract WITH MONEY BEHIND IT on the table, I always just assume that whomever I'm currently corresponding with for whatever reason will, at some point in the process -- could be after one phone call, could be after drinks, after going on a camping trip with his family -- disappear.
It's an incredibly vexing phenomenon, isn't it. There's a (quite legit, too), Producer who is interested in a project of mine. Has probably e-mailed me 9 times over the past 5 months now always saying let's talk this week, only to go MIA when I ask when is good for him, only for him to inevitably pop-up a few weeks later, apologize profusely, and do the same thing.
CthulhuRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 01:31 PM   #7
grumpywriter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CthulhuRises View Post
It's an incredibly vexing phenomenon, isn't it. There's a (quite legit, too), Producer who is interested in a project of mine. Has probably e-mailed me 9 times over the past 5 months now always saying let's talk this week, only to go MIA when I ask when is good for him, only for him to inevitably pop-up a few weeks later, apologize profusely, and do the same thing.
Haha.. I know. I've long since stopped being surprised by it or even offended. If anything I find it (a little) amusing. I had a guy last year -- a producer/actor -- who wanted to option a script of mine. We talked on the phone numerous times, and he insisted on taking me out for a beer when I was in LA for a meeting. During the beer he was acting like we were best buddies, telling me about his wife and kid, etc... We went through some notes on the script, and then I mentioned some kind of payment for the option and it was like he evaporated -- poof. Never heard from him again
grumpywriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 01:53 PM   #8
ManbunShiva
User

Hahaha! You guys... These are some hilarious war stories.
Guess everyone should get used to their special power of going POOF! at a moment's notice.
My meeting is scheduled for tomorrow. Should have a fun report.

Last edited by ManbunShiva : 12-09-2015 at 03:01 PM.
Old 12-09-2015, 03:01 PM   #9
ManbunShiva
User

UPDATE:
Skype meeting went well. Manager would like me to visit the office to meet her and her partner. Anything you guys could suggest on what I should prepare for/be prepared for? Thanks as always!
Old 12-09-2015, 09:14 PM   #10
Centurio

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManbunShiva View Post
UPDATE:
Skype meeting went well. Manager would like me to visit the office to meet her and her partner. Anything you guys could suggest on what I should prepare for/be prepared for? Thanks as always!
Always take the water. If they ask you something that you need a moment to think about it gives you an excuse.