Click here for Done Deal Pro home page
Done Deal Pro Home Page

Go Back   Done Deal Pro Forums > Business > Business Questions and Advice
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2020, 07:06 PM   #181
Friday

Default Re: Effect of the Coronavirus

I hope one of those doctors who say they think they have a cure comes through soon...like in the next few months, so that maybe it's mass available this year. I can't imagine what would happen if this drags on for years.
Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 08:50 PM   #182
socalwriter1
Regular

Re: "this drags on for years"

Now that's really scary.

Re: Christmas movies -- I prefer the "features" type ala Bad Santa vs. the MOW/Hallmark types although I will watch em' if they sound interesting/different which many do not.
socalwriter1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 09:24 PM   #183
Friday

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalwriter1 View Post
Re: "this drags on for years"

Now that's really scary.

Re: Christmas movies -- I prefer the "features" type ala Bad Santa vs. the MOW/Hallmark types although I will watch em' if they sound interesting/different which many do not.

I've actually never seen a Hallmark Christmas movie. There's just too much content out there and I can't keep up. I even liked the movies that aren't necessarily Christmas movies but are watched during Christmas or have it as a setting: It's a Wonderful life, Love Actually... is Diehard a Christmas movie? Liked the seasonal setting of Diehard. A lot of stuff I didn't actually see when they first came out, but discovered them on streaming. A lot of old classic movies that pop up as suggestions I end up seeing and thinking what a great movie.
Old 04-04-2020, 01:43 AM   #184
kintnerboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalact4 View Post
But one of us is in the health industry and comes home every night and rushes to the shower before she speaks to any of us. She's exposed to the people in the nursing homes, so she's worried about herself and coming home and possibly exposing us all.

I watch Governor Cuomo's update every morning. I can't even image how any of the New York shows will even be able to restart by June-July-- it seems impossible, there's so many people getting sick.

Also, when they say "mild" symptoms, I'm pretty sure from Chris Cuomo's experience, "mild" is a euphemism for, you feel like you "might die."
You never can tell who might be susceptible to this. It's partially age, partially underlying medical conditions, partially random genetics, and partially who knows what.

I probably cried for half an hour the other day (I'm not an crier) after hearing about Adam Schlesinger's passing. I can count on one hand the number of people I would label a 'genius' in this world, but he was one of them. To list his accomplishments in music and film and TV and Broadway would take up more space than this entire thread. And he was only 52.

Stay safe.
kintnerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 02:40 AM   #185
Mark Somers

Press Conference

VP is looking good. Working on his guns.

Hey! You might do it in your house, but in this house we don't lick our butts. -- Mother Teresa

Mark Somers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 04:09 AM   #186
Southern_land

List of Postponed movies

https://www.msn.com/en-nz/entertainm...118aW0#image=1

Southern_land is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 12:54 PM   #187
Darthclaw13
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friday View Post
... is Diehard a Christmas movie? Liked the seasonal setting of Diehard.

I totally consider Die Hard a Christmas film. I also consider Gremlins a Christmas movie.

I feel films shouldn't be put in a box with a label slapped on, break that box wide open.
Darthclaw13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 03:56 PM   #188
Friday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthclaw13 View Post
I totally consider Die Hard a Christmas film. I also consider Gremlins a Christmas movie.

I feel films shouldn't be put in a box with a label slapped on, break that box wide open.

Forgot about Gremlins. Are Love Actually and It's a Wonderful Life Christmas movies? They seem to replay those movies every Christmas at select theaters.
Old 04-04-2020, 03:57 PM   #189
Friday

As far as postponed movies, I was kind of looking forward to the Bond movie, Wonder Woman and Fast 9. The others look interesting. I also think there were some other indie movies that were supposed to come out.
Old 04-05-2020, 08:54 AM   #190
Max Otto Schrenck
Regular

Smile Re: Effect of the Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDoc View Post
^I don't disagree with any of your points. On average most of that is probably true...

I won't paint all boomers as the same, but that generation is probably one of the most privileged and lucky (at least in the US) in the history of our species and it took ONE generation for them to **** it up for their children. I appreciate the advancements in technology and the sciences (I'm just old enough to have had to use a road map) but overall the standard of living has probably declined for us compared to boomers. You get screwed financially from every possible angle now. Everything is way more crowded. Importing millions of third worlders over the decades while simultaneously outsourcing jobs benefits some (landowners, businesses who want to suppress wages and skirt regulations) but it doesn't benefit the average citizen. I sincerely don't blame some young people for saying **** it and checking out. I wouldn't do that myself but I see where they're coming from. Perhaps their hyper-individualist parents share some of the blame.

And I'm way ahead of you on the crime prep. Go back through the thread if you'd like. I'm grateful that I have a good dad.

Edit: I was a bit hammered when I wrote this so my bad if it came across as crude. Also off topic I guess. I won't take back anything or delete it though cause then I'll look like a chicken ****. If anyone wants to talk in pms or something though I'm game.
Yup. They call Corona "The BOOMER REMOVER."

At age 65, with COPD and scarred lungs from two previous almost-lost battles with "the dreaded pneu-" I may soon fall under that caption, as I have so many captions before.

Yesterday's Master of the Universe, Today's Landfill....
Max Otto Schrenck is offline   Reply With Quote