Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Splice

The other thing I disliked was in a movie called SPLICE, we didn't find out what animals they combined human DNA with to create Dren. It might have informed our understanding of her behaviour.
    SPOILERS

I believe it was explained briefly in the beginning: the same animals they used to create Fred and Ginger, can't remember what they were though.

I thought it was a great movie. It raised all the right questions. Could have easily been a cheesy creature feature but the writing took it to the right places.

Topical and controversial, it reminded me of 70's horror, and why I love horror in the first place. And I found Dren to be the most sympathetic character I've seen in a while.

The audience was buzzing immediately after the movie. Outside the theater, a young woman, her eyes wide in shock, asked me if I was traumatized by the movie, as she clearly was. Imagine that, in this day and age of media and desensitization.

Go see it.

Comment

Absolutely amazing film. Thought-provoking, disturbing, creepy...everything you'd want in a horror film.

Comment

Was this an inspiration for Splice?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=at4TWrBy8og

Comment

Originally posted by gtscrpts View Post
          Saw it last night. That **** was...terrible! I'm actually blogging about the absurdity of it as we speak. Decent premise...terrible execution.
          Evidently I'm the only one who agrees with you. But I do agree with you, vehemently.
          Looking to take the "Bono" off my screenname.

Comment

sucked balls... but the spliced shows her boobs so it's gets a reluctant pass.

Comment

whoever liked this movie is MESSED UP. the two most dislikable pair of protags ever, doing the most disgusting things. i cheered against them nearly for the entire duration of the movie...sadly there was no one else to cheer for.

SPOILERS

female scientist with mom/god complex maims pet/daughter/experiment; male scientist has sex with pet/daughter/experiment; pet/daughter/experiment turns into a man and rapes female scientist; end movie with female scientist pregnant with monster baby

absolutely revolting, snuff film posing as art. a bigger budget grace. this played sundance? god help us all.

Comment

whoever liked this movie is MESSED UP.
                LOL, I LOVED it! Guess I'm REALLY messed up.

Comment

Working...
                X