Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commercials for Television

Anyone here have any experience writing for a television commercial?

My question regards formatting...I've seen where TV commericials sometimes are written on a two-column format with Column A being the visual image and Column B being the audio part of the message (words spoken or voice over).

Through some complicated distant connections, I could maybe get a superbowl commercial script (for 2016) to someone at a particular ad agency who actually does a superbowl spot every year. I realize ad agencies usually stay in-house for creative ideas, but what can it hurt? It's only like two pages for a 30 second spot.

R.O.T.

Re: Commercials for Television

Originally posted by RogerOThornhill View Post
    Anyone here have any experience writing for a television commercial?

My question regards formatting...I've seen where TV commericials sometimes are written on a two-column format with Column A being the visual image and Column B being the audio part of the message (words spoken or voice over).

Through some complicated distant connections, I could maybe get a superbowl commercial script (for 2016) to someone at a particular ad agency who actually does a superbowl spot every year. I realize ad agencies usually stay in-house for creative ideas, but what can it hurt? It's only like two pages for a 30 second spot.

R.O.T.
    25+ years as an ad agency copywriter here.

Yes, TV spots use the two-column format.

Comment

Thanks! Good to know.

It's an extreme long shot, but I might give it a try and see if I can get it through a maze of contacts to the right person.

I know they won't want to look at outside material, but oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by RogerOThornhill View Post
        Thanks! Good to know.

It's an extreme long shot, but I might give it a try and see if I can get it through a maze of contacts to the right person.

I know they won't want to look at outside material, but oh well.
        It's almost entirely done in-house.

Comment

Working...
        X